Refugees International is seeking a digital communications associate passionate about supporting refugees and displaced people around the world. This is a vital position on Refugees International’s communications team and will have responsibility for social media and email marketing; website maintenance; public, NGO, and policymaker outreach; media relations and monitoring; and contact database management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The digital communications associate is expected to support the communications team in addition to the following activities:
- Build media reports and targeted media contact lists on issues relevant to ongoing Refugees International advocacy and research using Cision.
- Manage web publishing and maintenance on Refugees International’s Squarespace-based website.
- Help promote Refugees International’s work on social media, research social media best practices, and design digital graphics.
- Copy edit public outreach and media materials which may include: web pages, blog posts, email newsletters, social media posts, action items, or letters to the editor.
- Assist with edits and updates to contact database and disseminate communications via the Marketo email marketing system.
- Keep current on stories related to Refugees International’s work in major news outlets.
- Create and edit multimedia and written content for social media, website, and other digital platforms.
- Assist with meetings, events, and special projects as they arise.
Special Education/Experience Requirements
A successful candidate will:
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience and hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study such as journalism, communications, international relations, or migration issues.
- Possess strong writing, editing skills, and design skills; comfort with a variety of computer applications; attention to detail; and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Have experience with web publishing and online communications.
- Have experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign.
- Demonstrate an interest in and understanding of non-profit communications and advocacy and the work of Refugees International.
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to work on a team.
Expected Salary: $33,000-$37,000, depending on background and experience.
Applications should include a cover letter, writing sample, and resume. In the subject line, type Digital Communications Assistant and your family name. Applications deadline is June 14, 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org