Friends of the Earth Europe campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. We unite over 30 national organisations with thousands of local groups and form part of the world's largest grassroots environmental network, Friends of the Earth International. Please see www.foeeurope.org for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a green NGO working at the European level in Brussels. You will be working in a highly respected campaigning organisation, as part of a vibrant European network.
Purpose of the role:
Develop and implement FoEE fundraising strategy designed to maximise FoEE's income in line with its strategic aims, researching and pursuing funding opportunities with a broad range of funders including the European Union, foundations, governmental institutions and other donors.
- Analyse FoEE's funding needs according to its new five year strategy and emerging needs, set up action plans for reaching the income targets and guide staff in implementation of the fundraising strategy and plans;
- Identify potential new funders in line with FoEE's strategic needs and in consultation with programme staff and the management;
- Build relationships with funders and provide substantive input into the development of strategic partnerships with key donors;
- Monitor and follow up on relevant trends and funding opportunities to be used for the development of funding proposals or strategies;
- Evaluate the funding potential across the FoEE network;
- Support fundraising related work carried out by the programme staff (including cross-programme projects) and national member organisations to enhance the overall fundraising capacity of the network, setting up partnerships where appropriate;
- Plan and conduct full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage the process of preparation of funding proposals, including the mission critical EU operating grant application;
- Support negotiations and liaison with donors for approved projects;
- Ensure high quality proposals are submitted;
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of current funders, and the outcomes of all funding proposals, including funder's feedback;
- Assist colleagues to develop fundraising skills, especially in writing successful funding applications;
- Set up and manage reporting process for the EU operating grant with programmes and finance, ensuring timely delivery of high quality reports;
- Maintain comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date fundraising guidelines and support colleagues to implement them effectively;
- Work with the finance team to update the annual budgets and income projections;
- Work with the communications team to assure that outreach is in line with reports and achievements;
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Strong commitment to the values, vision and mission of Friends of the Earth Europe;
- High level of professionalism and the ability to establish and foster successful partnerships (in particular foundations and governments);
- Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources;
- Thorough knowledge of EU funding instruments;
- Thorough knowledge of current funding trends, especially for environmental work;
- Solid knowledge of theory of change, logframe and other project design frameworks;
- Good understanding of internal processes (e.g. finance, budgeting) within the non-profit sector;
- Proven organisational skills in setting up and managing processes; ability to manage several proposal processes simultaneously, ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload;
- Networking, communication and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivating, able to work in a team and independently;
- Innovative and creative, with ability to develop and implement new ideas;
- At least four years' fundraising experience with the European Union, private donors and governmental institutions;
- A relevant university degree;
- Excellent written and spoken English, other European languages an asset.
The position is based in Brussels (full-time, 5 days a week).
We offer a salary between Euro 3.083 and 3.778 gross per month, depending on experience. FoE Europe offers an attractive benefits package, including a 13th month, lunch vouchers, an additional 5 days of holidays per year, pension scheme, hospitalisation and comprehensive travel insurance. We also offer full coverage of train travel in case of commuting within Belgium. FoEE offers a motivating working environment in an international NGO and office located in an environmentally-friendly NGO building.
Conditions are according to Belgian legislation; hence the position is open solely to persons with the right to live and work in the EU. Friends of the Earth Europe welcomes candidates regardless of their age, sexual orientation, marital status, birth, fortune, religious, philosophical or political beliefs, language, present or future state of health, disability, physical or genetic characteristics, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, maternity, change of sex, nationality, alleged race, skin colour, ancestry, national, ethnic or social origin. FoE Europe strives to make our office as diverse as possible.
If you feel you meet our criteria, and are inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, please send us a motivation letter with a CV and contact details for two references by June 19, 2019. The recruitment process will consist of two steps: an online test that will help selecting candidates for an interview. The test and interview are planned between June 24 and July 5.
FoEE will store your application and all corresponding data for a period of 6 months after the job advert closes. If you would like us to keep your CV and application letter on file, please indicate this in your email.
Only candidates selected for the test and interviews will be contacted – thank you for your understanding.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org