The Girls’ Education Program (GEP), Program Officer (PO) will be responsible for carrying out all the Girls’ Education Program activities in Bandarawela including planning, organizing, monitoring and reporting. This position will involve regular visits to GEP schools, community in all project locations in Bandarawela. The GEP, PO will directly report to the Field Manager while overseeing Program Associates (PAs) in GEP.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technical and Operational Support on Implementation of GEP in Bandarawela;
- Direct and guide PA’s to initiate effective and efficient GEP activities;
- Review and contextualize worldwide GEP content modules and professional learning materials for Sri Lanka;
- Cultivate and maintain good relationship with government and other organizations;
- Ensure proper reporting, record keeping and submitting monthly/quarterly/donor reports in timely manner;
- Maintenance of financial control and monitor budget on a monthly basis.
- University degree or equivalent in a related field (Masters preferred);
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in a reputed organization related to social work/community development;
- Has a good working knowledge in Project management and budgeting;
- Good command of English (written, oral);
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and facilitating groups.
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization;
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change;
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org