You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
The Program Associate will drive day-to-day operations for projects housed in the multiple nonprofit organizations that Arabella Advisors managers. In this position, you will work directly with our nonprofit clients, manage a portfolio of projects, and own day-to-day administration and operations of these projects.
- Independently manage a portfolio of fiscal sponsorship and grant-making projects, including managing relevant documentation for projects, monitoring project financials, and communicating with clients and donors
- Collaborate with Associate Directors and Directors in the management of larger/more complex hosted projects and grant-making programs
- Independently manage day-to-day transactions, routine trouble shooting, and operations-focused client interactions
- Contribute to operational and procedural innovations for Arabella Advisors, the MO team, and the managed organizations
- Develop an understanding of relevant emerging and critical philanthropic trends
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum two years of work experience (internships and work experience combined)
- Impeccable interpersonal and client relationship/customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs of clients and raise them to manager and proactively provide materials needed
- Demonstrated effectiveness providing necessary professional support in front of and for customers
- Ability to lead portions of client meetings with oversight
- Ability to proactively problem-solve to identify both problems and potential solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines
- High level of computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database programs and web-based communications tools
- Sense of humor
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, to suggest effective client-centered solutions when elevating challenges or concerns, and to understand how the team can operate to maintain high-quality service.
- The ability to complete complex tasks, to use a work plan to undertake projects, and to understand how those projects impact the client, team, and/or firm’s objectives
- The ability to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and circumstances, and to build and manage strong relationships that reflect that understanding.
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences; to make technical information assessible to broader audiences; and to collaborate with others to produce strong written deliverables
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums
- An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solutions
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella's Managed Nonprofit Organizations Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation, global health, and civic engagement.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org