Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing a discrete grant portfolio and/or providing research and analysis work in support of grant-making, strategy development, coordination, communications and advocacy. Contribute to the continued development of the team’s strategic vision, partnering closely with team leadership to manage toward strategy and goals for the team.
- Plans, manages and executes a wide range of activities in support of strategic planning, prospect and develop complex investment opportunities, grant management and external relationship management.
- Review letters of inquiry and grant proposals; provide clear, concise and insightful written analyses and recommendations for funding, including drafting and editing proposal summaries and progress reports for existing grants for review by foundation leadership.
- Consult with grantees and other partners to maximize impact of projects and ensure grants are meeting strategy goals. This may include: site visits, providing operational guidance and convening meetings of key stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, resource, and implement a program that aligns with foundation strategy and is operationally integrated with other foundation programs. Contribute to the design of new strategies, collaborations and implementation plans to ensure long-term sustainability and impact.
- Represent the foundation to key program-related external constituencies, as appropriate, on committees related to area of expertise and responsibilities of the position.
- Manage internal processes and portfolio progress while ensuring appropriate documentation, grant budgeting and reporting. Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare and write briefs and synthesize existing literature. Provide written analysis of key topics for foundation management. Fulfill data requests from leadership.
Leadership and Culture
- We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal things.
Core Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge across relevant technical area/expertise, especially in the fields of immunology, HIV biology, and/or translational research.
- Leadership abilities to work with multiple stakeholders, including government, other donors, grantees to create a common vision and visualize simple and effective but implementable solutions to complex problems.
- Proven ability to lead and influence others in a constructive manner and to build and sustain collaborative relationships.
- Comfortable in a wide range of cultural, geographic and operational situations, demonstrating culturally sensitive behavior with a diverse range of people.
- Strong understanding of shaping and managing sustainable and scalable ventures.
- Understanding of strategies for automating the process of data collection in a variety of settings and sites.
- Experience with research methodologies and deployment of data strategies.
- Strong analytical, writing and verbal skills for communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
- Effective as a collaborator in complex internal and external orgs.
- Extensive project contribution and management experience.
- Works with efficiency and diplomacy.
Education and Experience
- PhD or other advanced degree with 4+ years of post-doctoral, or equivalent (e.g., industry) experience preferred, ideally in the fields of immunology, HIV biology, and/or translational research.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org