UNOPS plays a critical role in providing management services for our life-saving, peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. I have seen many examples of how these activities help suffering people in troubled parts of the world.” -Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary-General.
UNOPS mission is to expand the capacity of the UN system and its partners to implement peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations that matter for people in need. Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, UNOPS vision is to always satisfy partners with management services that meet world-class standards of quality, speed and cost effectiveness. By assisting UN organizations, international financial institutions, governments and other development partners, UNOPS makes significant, tangible contributions to results on the ground. UNOPS employs more than 6000 personnel and on behalf of its partners creates thousands more work opportunities in local communities. With its headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark, a network of five regional offices and a further 20 operations and project centres, UNOPS oversees activities in more than 80 countries. UNOPS is committed to achieving a truly diverse workforce.
UNOPS has established its presence in China with three projects signed with Chinese government entities, in which UNOPS will provide advisory and technical assistance services with its expertise in procurement, project management, as well as providing capacity building to key local stakeholders.
This intern position will be based in Beijing for the following functions: Project Management, Procurement, Partnership and Resource Mobilization, Finance, Communication, Project Promotion and Executive Support.
The responsibilities of the intern will be varied based on the working area under specific guidance of the designated Supervisor.
The typical tasks of the Intern will be:
Knowledge management and research
• Conduct research on the targeted health care industry and develop related analysis report;
• Research, draft, update and maintain potential partner profiles;
• Drafting knowledge stories/best practices;
• Assisting in the organization of conferences, forums or other collaborative events;
• Perform other related research duties as required.
Communication and implementation support
• Collecting and cataloguing partner information;
• Contribute to communication tools to keep both internal and external clients informed of the work conducted by the China office;
• Assist partnership officer to facilitate events and meetings with partners.
• Overall support to project manager in Beijing office.
• Assist in the preparation of unit meetings and workshops, including taking minutes/notes.
• Strategic thinking and analytical skills;
• Very strong oral and written news communication skills;
• Specialized skills of dealing with media work such as editing, interview, and hosting;
• Teamwork skills;
• Very good organization skills and methods and ability to undertake multiple tasks;
• Highly developed sense of responsibility and commitment to results;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
Education / Academic qualifications
- To be eligible for this internship with UNOPS, you must be currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or
Master’s degree in one of the following fields: finance and accounting, business development studies, project management, international relations, social science or awaiting to graduate in any other relevant fields.
- Applicants who have graduated from such studies within the recent three years will also be considered eligible for the position.
- Experience of news communication, media are highly preferred
- Experience and advance knowledge of MS Office tools (Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint) is a requirement
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Full-time applicants are required
- Interns must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visas
- Stipend no more than 3000 RMB per month
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org