We are offering a volunteering position as Project and Communications Assistant for European Projects.
The successful candidate will be part of the ACR+ Secretariat team in Brussels, reporting to the Secretary General and Project Managers.
The volunteership will involve a range of activities focusing topical research and communication tasks around different ACR+ projects. The successful candidate will also be involved in preparing ACR+ publications and reports, as well as have an opportunity to take part in different thematic events.
A significant part of the internship will be devoted to assist project managers on three projects focusing on waste strategies in touristic areas and island, especially on dissemination activities.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Drafting of press releases and other external communication, in collaboration with the partners of the different projects;
- Web content management for project websites;
- Monitoring of news, events and projects focusing on waste in touristic places and in islands;
- Managing social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook);
- Drafting of news, articles and information material;
- Propose and implement dissemination activities to promote the projects’ outputs to the relevant target audiences;
- Providing general support to the activities of the ACR+ Secretariat, including supporting Project Managers working on European projects (e.g. website management and preparation of content).
Additional tasks include:
- Technical support on ACR+ publications;
- Assisting in the organisation of events, trainings and study visits;
- Help with translations.
- Education and experience University degree with relevant knowledge or experience in communication and/or environmental topics Previous experience in project work and communication welcome;
- Languages: Perfectly fluent in English (native speaker or equivalent), any other language an asset;
- Computer skills: Obligatory: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) Asset: Basic knowledge in graphic design and web management;
- Other skills: Excellent drafting skills High interest in ACR+ themes and activities Good knowledge of social media, interest in website management Good communication skills (oral and written) Organised working style, detail-oriented, pro-active attitude Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org