POLIS is the leading network of European cities and regions, working together to develop innovative technologies, policies and solutions for sustainable urban transport. Its aim is to improve local transport through integrated strategies, considering the economic, social and environmental issues at stake. Polis facilitates peer-to-peer exchange between cities and regions, as well as with stakeholders from the private sector, on urban transport policy and innovation. We help our members gain access to European initiatives, projects, funding and research, and we are the transport voice of cities and regions towards the European Institutions.
For its Brussels-based secretariat, the Polis network is looking for an experienced policy & project manager who will be employed on a full-time long-term contract. The policy and project manager will coordinate Polis’ policy and advocacy activities and will manage European-funded projects in the field of sustainable urban mobility and transport innovation.
The main tasks associated with this position involve:
- Coordinate Polis’ representation towards the European institutions (European Parliament, European Commission, Committee of the Regions…) at political and policy level;
- Monitor relevant European policy developments related to urban mobility;
- Contribute to formulating and promoting Polis position and policy papers on topical issues, as well as responses to consultations on relevant European policies;
- Manage relations with local political representatives from Polis member cities and regions and organise Political Group meetings;
- Coordinate the Polis working group on governance & integration, which addresses topics such as sustainable urban mobility plans, regulating innovation and disruption, governance of shared and new mobility services, innovative financing approaches, etc.
- Develop communication strategies and tools for EU funded urban transport projects (including coordination with web designers and communication agencies, management and maintenance of project websites, drafting of publications, organisation of project events, etc.);
- Organise training and capacity building activities in the field of urban transport;
- Draft policy recommendations and practitioner guidelines;
- Coordinate reference groups of cities regarding user need requirements, transferability of good practice and the deployment of innovative solutions;
- Establish and coordinate relations with project partners;
- Carry out and coordinate overall project management related tasks.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, within the transport field;
- Experience with drafting position papers as well as developing communication tools in English, i.e. drafting newsletter articles, press releases, website content, brochures, etc.;
- Experience in managing relations with the European institutions at a political level and solid knowledge of European policies and related procedures;
- European project management expertise and experience;
- Very good analytical and writing skills;
- A strong ability to work under pressure and on a wide range of activities;
- An excellent command of English (spoken and written); knowledge of other European languages will be an asset;
- A relevant university degree.
He/she should be able to join the Polis team in the course of July 2019.
Candidates are requested to send a letter of motivation together with a CV to Karen Vancluysen, Polis Secretary General, [email protected] by 17 June 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org