The Fair Labor Association (FLA) combines the efforts of industry, civil society organizations, and colleges and universities to promote and protect workers’ rights and to improve working conditions globally through adherence to international standards. The FLA is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has an office in Geneva, Switzerland. For information, visit www.fairlabor.org.
The Program Manager, Business Affiliates (EMEA and Asia) is responsible for managing relationships with affiliates that join the FLA as Participating Companies and Participating Suppliers in the Asia and EMEA regions. The ideal candidate for this position brings knowledge of international labor standards and the challenges and opportunities companies face in implementing those standards in production facilities around the world.
The Program Manager, Business Affiliates (EMEA and Asia) is responsible for helping companies in these categories understand their FLA obligations and offering guidance on building capacity to meet FLA requirements, and is a part of the FLA’s Capacity Building and Stakeholder Services group.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Serve as primary FLA contact for Participating Companies and Participating Suppliers for the EMEA and Asia region;
· Assist affiliates in understanding their FLA obligations and how best they can go about fulfilling them. S/he is familiar with the challenges and opportunities faced by brands, and suppliers, and supports companies in their efforts to develop their internal management systems and build capacity to:
1) Implement the FLA Workplace Code of Conduct and associated benchmarks, and
2) The FLA Principles of Fair Labor & Responsible Sourcing/Production
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in companies’ social compliance systems;
· Develop an understanding of the manufacturing processes and sourcing structures of buyers and suppliers in global supply chains;
· Support development of guidance material that is relevant for affiliates;
· Collect and share best practices with affiliates;
· Form new partnerships and identify opportunities for the FLA with new suppliers;
· Represent the FLA at relevant stakeholder events; and
· Work closely with the counterpart business affiliates program manager position for companies in the Americas based out of the FLA’s Washington, D.C. office.
· Undergraduate degree in Human Resource Management, Labor Studies, Sociology, Business Administration, Industrial Relations or another relevant field. Advanced degree a plus.
· Five to seven years of experience working with brands and suppliers.
· Knowledge of manufacturing and sourcing, preferably with social compliance/CSR experience.
· Excellent knowledge of international labor standards; supply chains and the issues related to working conditions in factories; and multi-stakeholder initiatives.
· Passion for working in the intersection of business and social responsibility
· Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
· Requires consistent and timely responses to phone and email inquiries
· Ability to thrive under tight deadlines; maintain patience under pressure; multi-task and work with global FLA staff.
· Strong presentation, critical thinking, reporting, listening, and communications skills.
· Creative and diplomatic problem-solving skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org