The successful candidate for this position will coordinate our work in the framework of the Covenant of Mayors contract with DG Energy and be responsible for our policy work in the field of energy. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the projects and knowledge sharing director at the EUROCITIES Brussels office.
- overall project management including budget and work planning;
- leading on our policy work in the field of energy, including monitoring EU policy developments, delivering advocacy actions and supporting the collaboration between members;
- liaison and negotiation with the European Commission and project partners;
- leading on our Covenant of Mayors activities such as case studies, publication management, event organisation, and peer learning visits;
- preparing technical and financial reports;
- ensuring links between our policy and our project work;
- delivering other project work and project development in the area of climate change and energy in cooperation with the projects and knowledge sharing director;
- supporting other policy work in the area of environment in cooperation with the senior environment policy advisor and policy director.
- at least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- at least 3 years of work experience in the field of EU-funded project management;
- at least 2 years of policy work in the area of energy or a strongly related policy area;
- ability to speak English fluently and to write clear and concise reports in English;
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment.
- experience of working with local/city governments or public sector partners;
- experience of proposal writing;
- good command of French; other languages an advantage.
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian contract
- an open-ended contract, ideally starting in late August or early September 2019
- salary according to profile and experience
- additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques)
- training opportunities
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by COB Monday 24 June 2019 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘Project coordinator energy’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in Brussels on Thursday 4 July 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org