Working within the Global Programme Support Unit (GPS) of the Policy and Programme Support Division (PPSD), the successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the EU Policy and Programme Officer, in coordination with the Policy and Communications Unit.
He/ she will assist in providing technical support to the IOM Regional Office in Brussels in programming and communication functions vis-a-vis the EU Institutions and EU Member States. With a focus on the EU funded programming in Africa, the incumbent will work with relevant IOM field offices to support implementation of creative communications strategies, events and activities. He/she may also be asked to provide support to other regions covered by EU external policy and funding in line with the priorities of the Global Programme Support Unit.
- Provide specific technical assistance to relevant IOM offices for the implementation, reporting, visibility and communication of EU-funded projects in compliance with donor requirements and priorities as well as IOM institutional guidance on media and communications;
- Support liaison with the European Commission and other relevant EU institutions and agencies by providing input and/or preparing materials highlighting IOM achievements and project results relevant to the geographic area;
- Works with relevant colleagues to produce multi-media content using video, podcasts, infographics, slideshows and other media, as appropriate, to effectively communicate and deliver coherent messages on IOM activities, notably those funded by the EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa;
- Responsible for creating posts, monitoring, and stimulating positive online content on multiple digital platforms in coordination with relevant colleagues;
- In coordination with the EU Policy and Programme Officer organize project and liaison events, meetings, and seminars; Contribute to the development of the materials to be presented. Ensure follow up actions are consistently and timely done;
- Research and compile information for the preparation and production of internal briefings, recommendations, policy papers, presentations, reports and communication materials;
- Contribute to the knowledge management efforts of the GPS unit and to the development and delivery of internal capacity building materials and trainings on EU external policy and communications for IOM missions worldwide;
- Contribute to monitoring and analysing the outreach and impact of relevant communications work for adjusting outreach as necessary and reporting purposes;
- Undertake duty travel related to the above responsibilities, as required;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or Higher in Communications, Political or Social Sciences, Law and/or International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience;
- High school degree with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in an international environment;
- Excellent knowledge of EU institutions, EU financial instruments for external action and visibility requirements is essential;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge on migration issues and EU external policies is required;
- Demonstrated communication, writing and copy-editing experience is essential;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge on migration in Africa and/or in the context of development cooperation;
- Experience in liaison with national, regional and international institutions;
- Experience in project development and implementation.
- Fluency in English and French required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate;
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org