The IRC is part of a multi-agency response to support families in San Diego who are seeking asylum. The Resource Specialist will be the primary IRC staff coordinating housing and shelter, volunteer coordination support, in-kind support, while potentially providing case management for a small caseload of clients.
The Resource Specialist will work closely with management to develop and pilot a housing/shelter model for asylum seekers, develop relationships with potential sponsors and housing rental hosts, facilitate orientation for clients and sponsors, coordinate volunteer support with Volunteer Coordinator, and request and manage in-kind donations.
- Work with IRC management to develop and pilot a housing model for asylum seeking clients;
- Provide orientation for housing sponsors and clients to help set clear expectations and boundaries;
- As needed with housing model, outreach and recruit housing sponsors;
- Coordinate with housing and shelter service providers;
- Work closely with Volunteer Coordinators to recruit and coordinate volunteers for work with asylum seekers;
- Following in-kind plan, request and manage in-kind donations for items such as diapers and hygiene kits;
- Contribute to development of community asset maps, and coordinate with service providers as assigned;
- Work closely with Safety & Wellness team to ensure smooth and efficient operations;
- Potentially provide direct case management for a small number of clients;
- Ensure compliance with both case file management and reporting requirements. This entails regular and timely maintenance of both hard-copy and electronic files per best practice standards;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in Social Work or similar field of study;
- Minimum of 2+ years relevant work experience in human services field (in addition to the above), ideally with experience in housing coordination or volunteer services;
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member;
- Follow strict guidelines of client confidentiality;
- Self- starter with excellent problem solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties and manage time effectively;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, fluency in Spanish strongly preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.
- Standard, professional office environment;
- This position will work at the IRC San Diego office;
- Regular travel to off-site locations is required;
- The standard work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm, with occasional needs to work outside normal business hours (evenings and weekends);
- Access to a reliable vehicle to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org