The World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index team is seeking a full-time Program Associate at the WJP’s office in Washington DC, to begin immediately. The Program Associate will work in collaboration with the WJP research team to deliver high-quality, cutting-edge research on a wide range topics pertaining to access to justice and related themes.
Responsibilities: The Program Associate will report directly to the Rule of Law Index Director overseeing the department's access to justice initiatives. The Program Associate will assist with the research, data analysis, and development of projects on access to civil justice and related themes, such as health and the environment. The main responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the production and launch of the WJP’s report and data portal on legal needs and access to justice in 100 countries, assisting with all aspects of report production and website development;
- Conducting background research, literature reviews, and analysis to assist with the drafting of academic papers on legal needs and access to justice;
- Assisting with research and proposal writing required to develop new lines of global research on access to justice and other relevant themes such as health and the environment;
- Managing online surveys to environmental law experts in Latin America, including coordinating outreach to experts, programming surveys, and maintaining a database of 3,000+ potential experts;
- Providing research, writing, and logistical support for the WJP’s participation in inter-organizational research initiatives pertaining to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), access to justice, and environmental governance;
- Providing administrative support for research processes, including managing consultants, external vendors, and research interns, and assisting with scheduling and budgeting requests as needed;
- Supporting the data analysis, writing, design, and production of other WJP research products as needed; and
- Assisting with projects and activities as they relate to alternative data collection efforts, data presentation, and data visualization.
This position is open to graduates (B.A. or M.A.) with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA and two to five years of relevant professional experience. The ideal candidate will have completed coursework in international affairs, social sciences, journalism, economics, policy studies, regional studies, or pre-law. Successful applicants will be bright, highly motivated individuals with a strong academic track record and an enthusiastic interest in the rule of law. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Superior research skills, sound analytical skills, and excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent writing, oral communications, and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency or advanced professional proficiency in Spanish (additional language skills are a plus);
- The ability to manage large databases (strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Stata preferred);
- Knowledge of survey research methods and statistics are a plus;
- The ability to work independently as well as in group settings, the ability to manage his or her own workload, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment;
- The ability to communicate in a professional manner both in writing and over the phone;
- Commitment to the WJP’s mission and principles (www.worldjusticeproject.org).
The World Justice Project is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Please email a cover letter, resume, a writing sample not exceeding 5 pages, and reference information (1-3 reference contact information, past supervisors and employers preferred) with subject line “[Last Name], [First Name], Program Associate, A2J.” Please send all application documents at once, preferably in one PDF file. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up directly with candidates selected for interviews. No phone calls please
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org