The Economic Empowerment Department in the New York office includes a range of employment and career programs and services to ensure self-sufficiency and long-term stability for IRC in New York clients. This includes IRC in New York’s food and agriculture programming (New Roots) as well as IRC in New York’s financial education and loan provision services. The Economic Empowerment Manager oversees the development, implementation, and completion of all grants, contracts and activities related to the department. Responsibilities include supervision of all economic empowerment staff to ensure compliance with program requirements. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
Oversight of Programs:
- Effectively manage the development, implementation, compliance, and completion of all grants and contracts within the department.
- Responsible for the development of grant proposals and reports related to all areas grants and contracts within the department.
- Monitor the provision of services through regular and systematic case file reviews and quality assurance protocols to ensure compliance with donor requirements and provision of quality services.
- Oversee department program budget and manage expenses to ensure costs are maintained within allocated budgets.
Staff Supervision and Other Responsibilities
- Participate as active member of the IRC in New York Leadership Team and relevant internal and external groups.
- Manage the Economic Empowerment team members; formally evaluate team and individual performance to ensure objectives have been met.
- Recruit and train staff in all aspects of economic empowerment programs responsibilities.
- Represent IRC in public, professional and governmental forums.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing for monthly newsletters, program reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree (four year, B.A.); advanced degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum five years of related program management experience including staff management, program development, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Previous fundraising and grant writing experience; strong analytical, training, oral and written communication skills; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized self-starter with proven success managing multiple priorities, making critical decisions and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Solid diplomacy, relationship building and networking skills; ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships, including community stakeholders and donors.
- Demonstrated success achieving goals and communicating effectively a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with MS Office applications, with strong command of Excel
Working Environment: Standard office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org