The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization providing humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. It takes action in response to emergencies, works in protracted conflicts and other situations of violence and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law (IHL) and its implementation in national law.
As part of its diplomatic activities towards the European Union, NATO and Belgium, the ICRC delegation in Brussels is looking for a Human Resources Manager (50%).
Purpose of the post
The Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for providing professional HR support, services and advice to all ICRC delegation staff members in line with the organization’s HR strategy, in order to enable line managers and employees to respond appropriately to operational challenges.
Main duties and responsibilities
Within a team of 30 employees, the HR Manager’s duties include:
- Translates operational needs and challenges into local HR strategy and priorities; implements the corresponding action plan validated for the delegation;
- Advises and coaches line managers in fulfilling their people management responsibilities;
- Implements ad hoc HR projects and initiatives;
- Facilitates collaboration and communication between the Brussels’ delegation and HR units at ICRC headquarters;
- Creates and maintains internal communication channels and tools (staff meetings, notice board, employee representatives, organizational charts, surveys, etc.); communicates and promotes the role of the HR service provider to all staff members;
- Guides staff members at all stages of their life cycle within the organization, on both administrative HR and professional development matters;
- Ensures HR processes are implemented and related services (recruitment, HR administration, training, staff health and well-being) delivered according to ICRC policies and guidelines and in compliance with Belgian legislation;
- Develops and maintains sound knowledge of the local labour market and recruitment channels and an overview of the availability of local talent;
- Anticipates HR needs and scenarios to align with operational developments and/or contingency plans.
Desired profile and skills
- Minimum 6 years overall professional experience, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in an HR generalist or HR Manager function;
- Training or experience in HR partnership, personal development, labour law, conflict management, knowledge assessment tools;
- Master’s degree with specialization in HR or equivalent (or certified professional experience in HR);
- Excellent command of French and English (written and spoken), Dutch is a plus;
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong interest in humanitarian action and previous ICRC experience are a plus.
What we offer
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural environment;
- Progressive professional development and stimulating benefits package;
- A part-time open ended contract (50%);
- A competitive salary according to ICRC Brussels salary scale and experience.
CV and application letter must be submitted before Monday 15 July 2019 by email (subject of the email: NAME + HR Manager).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org