Departmental Offices is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to serve as non-paid student volunteers to assist in the performance of its mission. From September 9, 2019 - December 13, 2019, students will be exposed to the Federal work environment and will learn about the mission and the roles and responsibilities of the Department of the Treasury.
Departmental Offices is comprised of divisions headed by Assistant Secretaries and Under Secretaries who are primarily responsible for policy formulation and overall management of the Treasury Department. These offices include:
Students are required to select up to three program offices from the list above. For more information and detail descriptions, visit Treasury's website www.treasury.gov
Students must possess a desire to learn about government and public policy and be skillful to perform a variety of tasks relating to activities in the areas of finance; federal regulation; domestic and international economic issues; legal and policy guidance; congressional relations, IT/IS inclined as well as possess the following qualities:
Conditions of Employment
To be eligible for this internship ALL of the following requirements MUST BE MET at the time of submission:
1. Be a U.S. Citizen (Proper Documentation Required)
2. Be at least 16 years of age
3. Actively enrolled as a degree-seeking student at an accredited educational institution not less than half-time
4. Be in good academic standing (At least a 2.0 GPA)
5. Provide current transcript (unofficial is acceptable) Your application must show all requirements, including education and/or experience required for this position are met. You will be found "INELIGIBLE" if you do not possess the minimum requirements described above required for the position. If your application is incomplete, you will be deemed ineligible.
To be considered for the Fall Student Volunteer Internship, you must apply via the on-line application.
Student must maintain student eligibility and enrollment before and throughout the duration of the internship. (Be actively enrolled at an accredited institution not less than half-time). Graduated students may not volunteer beyond his/her graduation date without proof of future enrollment in an accredited university.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org