The EPC is looking for a Policy Analyst to join its Sustainable Prosperity for Europe programme, to work especially on topics related to EU climate action and the energy transition starting preferably in September-October 2019.
For exceptional candidates with significant expertise and experience and a recognised standing in the EU policy debate a more senior position might be considered.
The successful candidate should have a solid academic background, a good understanding of EU institutions, experience in organising policy debates, as well as a good knowledge of the current EU climate and energy policy developments.
The candidate should have the following profile:
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- At least three years of relevant work experience (other than internships), including in organising events and in policy analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to research, write and present high quality policy analysis;
- Strong interest in European affairs and commitment to European integration;
- A good understanding of EU policy developments related to climate and energy, and ability to recognise the linkages with other policy areas e.g. agriculture, transport, digital agenda, social dimension;
- Excellent communication and social skills (oral and written);
- Ability to engage and network with experts and interested stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Dynamic, flexible, reliable and attentive to detail;
- Fluent in English.
The main duties are:
- Implementation of the EPC’s activities on climate action and energy transition as well as providing research and organisational support for the Sustainable Prosperity for Europe Programme;
- Research and writing policy analyses;
- Organising events (drafting event proposals, invitations and programmes, identifying and contacting speakers);
- Liaising with external experts and interested stakeholders, as well as building and maintaining a network;
- Supporting fundraising activities for the Programme;
- Producing new ideas and taking initiative on projects and activities.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org