CARE Canada’s International Operations & Programs (IOP) unit is responsible for developing and managing the organization’s programs in both development and humanitarian assistance focusing on the injustice of poverty and gender inequality. The Global Health team is currently seeking a Women’s Rights and Gender Specialist who will play a crucial role in supporting gender equality and women’s rights programming within the in Global Heath programming. The Women’s Rights and Gender Specialist will lead the supporting on gender qualitative research and analysis, gender equality outcomes for donor reporting and other program learning, and support learning and development around gender equality and women’s rights. The Women’s Rights and Gender Specialist will bring a strong background in SGBV service provision and programming and lend this expertise to global health programming. Finally, the Women’s Rights and Gender Specialist will represent CARE Canada, both internally and externally, as a leading feminist organization.
The Women’s Rights and Gender Specialist will report to a Global Health Program Manager and will work in close collaboration the Global Health Unit staff, Country Office staff, CARE’s Senior GE Advisor, and other colleagues across the organization.
Requirements of the Role:
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE's workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works, which is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Policy on PSEA-CP and CI Performance Standards.
What you offer:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of professional and relevant experience working on women’s rights and gender equality
- Experience in the provision of services to support survivors of Gender Based Violence services in Canada or abroad or related type services
- Expertise in qualitative data research, analysis and interpretation
- Experience using coaching and participatory approaches to move teams towards results
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and relationship-building skills
- Fluency in French including written and spoken
What would make you extraordinary (Assets):
- Knowledge of results based GE monitoring
- Participation on research projects on gender equality and women’s rights
- Experience working in a developing country context on SGBV programming which includes the provision of Survivor support services
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialized training
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
- A family friendly environment
- Free parking, access to public transportation; central location close to popular amenities
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org