HIAS seeks a Special Assistant to support the President and CEO with high-level administrative and liaison support. The role also serves as the primary administrative liaison from the Executive Office to the Board of Directors. S/he represents the best interests of the President and CEO to internal and external constituencies and stakeholders in a professional and confidential manner.
- Supports the daily activities and scheduling of the President and CEO, including preparation for speaking engagements, conferences, meetings, and
- Handles external requests and coordinates with relevant staff for the President and CEO’s participation, involvement, signature, support and appearances, and delegates if appropriate.
- Plans and memorializes Board meetings, working closely with the Chief of Staff and Division heads, including organizing logistics, informing and communicating with Board members and preparing the meeting agenda and
- Provides staff support to the Board meetings by organizing staff assistance, taking and producing minutes, managing logistics, and maintaining records in the officially proscribed manner in order to fulfill internal needs and to meet regulatory and audit requirements.
- Completes and submits expense reimbursement reports with proper backup for the President and CEO.
- Completes and submits expense reimbursement reports with proper back-up for all Executive Office programs.
- Coordinates with the Special Projects Officer to ensure adequate administrative and logistical support for all committees of the Board of Directors.
- Provides other support as needed to the President and CEO including the development of presentations, research and writing.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by Chief of Staff.
- Brings commitment and integrity to accomplishing HIAS' mission and goals in this and other duties as assigned and commits to personal and professional implementation of HIAS' Core values
- Undergraduate degree required.
- A minimum of 3-4 years working at a nonprofit, preferably with administrative and event planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Language ability in Spanish, French, Hebrew and/or Arabic a plus but not required.
- Ability to travel between Silver Spring and other locations, as necessary; willingness to work weekends, as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task between projects, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines; flexibility and ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
- Excellent oral, written and problem solving skills; sense of humor appreciated.
- While not required, knowledge of the Jewish community, Jewish organizations, Judaism, and/or Jewish history is a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in refugees, human rights or social justice.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; excellent research skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage and maintain confidential information on behalf of the Executive Office and the Board of Directors.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org