QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The Business Development (BD) Associate or Coordinator (role based on previous experience) is a member of QED’s Business Development department. This central service team is responsible for providing overall support and guidance to all of QED’s technical areas for matters related to Business Development and proposals with existing and new clients. The Business Development Associate or Coordinator manages various aspects of the proposal process which can include researching and identifying new business opportunities, leading the proposal capture process, leading the preparation, delivery and negotiation of proposals responding to client/donor requests.
Utilizing excellent editing skills, s/he will help draft documents related to the proposal development process. S/he will work to maintain the fundamentals of QED’s proposal development documents.
- Edit and proofread scopes of work (consultants and partners), past performance reviews, teaming agreements and other proposal documents such as CVs
- Schedule meetings as needed for proposal and technical leads and assisting with meeting agendas, room set-up, and other items as needed
- Assist with proposal calendars, supporting the proposal charge-code set up and checklists for all proposal team members and other relevant personnel or partners
- Support the capture specialist in posting jobs on iCIMS, Devex, QED website, and other recruitment platforms
- Assist with other proposal development tasks as requested
This position will help support the administrative processes associated with proposal development and the overall functions of the BD Unit. These administrative processes are critical operational components to our business development process.
- Maintain CRM database by updating opportunity information, including monitoring sites such as FBO, USAID Forecast, GovWin, etc.
- Take notes during BD meetings and updating CRM based on decisions made (e.g. moving opportunities from assessment to capture phase)
- Process invoices (consultant/subscription) and working with accounting department to ensure payments are made on time
- Prepare a competitive analysis in the preparation of potential and current opportunities
- Manage other administrative tasks as requested
- To help meet the needs of the evolving BD department, this position will be assigned special projects and tasks to help develop and expand on the proposal development process, including preparation of various analysis and industry studies
- S/he will also lead or assist in the development of technical and cost proposals, including gathering cost information, creating budgets which reflect donor requirements, as well as drafting narratives
- BA/BS in International Relations, Business or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in business development
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in international development or related industries
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Highly organized
- Attention to detail and experience following donor guidelines for proposals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org