Intergraf is recruiting a Communications & PR Assistant to the European affairs team, on a fixed-term (6 month) CDD contract (Contrat de travail à durée déterminée). We offer an exciting role in a small, international team with plenty of opportunities to develop your skills at a Brussels-based membership association. This position is full-time, starting as soon as possible. The working language is English.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the European affairs team in their communication with members, press and other stakeholders. The drafting, designing, production and distribution of all kinds of communications in order to ensure that all stakeholders are well-informed is an important part of this role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of managing websites using a CMS (preferably Joomla and/or WordPress);
- Experience using desktop publishing software (preferably InDesign);
- Very strong written and verbal English skills, ability to explain sometimes complex technical issues in simple language;
- Organised and able to meet deadlines, with good administrative skills;
- Self-driven, proactive and able to work autonomously;
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Educated to degree level (for instance in Communications or European Affairs).
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in communications;
- A basic understanding of the EU.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Collecting information for and writing/editing the Newsflash and News in Brief (Intergraf’s newsletters);
- Liaising with the European affairs team and external contributors for input into Intergraf’s publications;
- Managing and maintaining Intergraf’s website;
- Liaising with Intergraf members;
- Supervising the production of brochures, handouts and leaflets, and arranging for distribution;
- Ensuring up-to-date contacts are maintained;
- Updating Intergraf’s LinkedIn company page;
- Drafting and sending communications materials for events (invitation emails; agendas; programmes);
- Designing and/or supervising the production of communications materials for events (email footers; web banners; roll-up banners; event booklets).
- Writing press releases and other communications pieces directed to internal and external target audiences for print and online media;
- Monitoring/analyses of media coverage and media relations;
- Ensuring up-to-date media contacts are maintained.
- Ensuring regular contacts with and support to member federations (phone; email; meetings);
- Performing ad-hoc tasks such as correspondence, translation, proofreading, minute writing, mail merges for paper mailings and other administrative activities;
- As you will be working in an EU policy environment, there will also be opportunities to attend various meetings and/or events with other team members, as per your interest.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org