The Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network (MFAN) is seeking a motivated individual who is interested in global development policy to join our team as the Program Associate. He/she will provide programmatic, event, and administrative support to the MFAN staff and network. In this highly visible role, he/she will gain valuable exposure to foreign assistance policy and advocacy, and will engage regularly with external stakeholders. This position reports to MFAN’s Executive Director.
The Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network (MFAN) is a reform coalition composed of NGOs, think tanks, and international development and foreign policy experts. MFAN was created in 2008 to build upon the bipartisan consensus that has emerged over the last decade that the U.S. should play a leadership role in achieving economic growth and reducing poverty and suffering around the world, and that we can play this role more effectively, efficiently, and transparently. Please visit MFAN’s website for more information – www.modernizeaid.net
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Coordinate meeting logistics
- Assist in setting the agenda for staff and network meetings, including identifying key objectives to achieve
- Synthesize meeting takeaways, including written notes, and determine follow-up actions
- Attend community events, Congressional hearings/briefings, and report back to staff
- Maintain the calendar for the MFAN Hub staff and leadership
- Serve as main point of contact for all scheduling requests from partner organizations, U.S. government representatives, and other interested parties
- Compile background information and draft talking points
- Serve as lead liaison with venues on event logistics
- Draft speaker invitations and thank-you notes
- Coordinate speakers’/panelists’ schedules
- Manage RSVPs and assist in day-of logistics
- Provide budget support, including invoice and reimbursement processing
- Manage MFAN relationship with office manager and other office operations as needed
- Compile and send MFAN’s daily news compilation
- Assist with communications-related tasks as needed, such as website and blog updates, social media support, and newsletter content
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Demonstrated interest in global development or international affairs;
- Previous work or internship experience, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Experience with Capitol Hill a plus.
Skills & Attributes
- Superb organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and in a small team-oriented environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Professional demeanor and high level of comfort working with high-profile individuals from government, the non-profit sector, and the private sector
- Sense of humor and a self-starter.
Please send a resume, cover letter, 2 references and a brief writing sample. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits are competitive.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org