An exciting opportunity to work within two key areas of School the World’s operations. Reporting to the Director of Operations, assist in managing and growing our Service Learning / Global Citizenship Program with a focus on recruitment, fundraising strategies and logistics. Eager to travel? Travel internationally a minimum of 5 weeks a year, leading service groups in Central America. Work alongside our Communications Coordinator to develop cohesive messaging to present School the World as a high impact leader in the fields of global education and service learning. As a key employee of a young and entrepreneurial organization preparing for high growth, she/he will act on a wide variety of initiatives and requests in order to make the organization flourish.
Service Learning Program
- Through a partnership with another local organization, work closely with low income students in support of reaching their fundraising goals & ensuring all logistical travel arrangements are met;
- With the Director of Operations, develop and execute on a targeted recruitment plan & marketing strategy to achieve program growth & expansion;
- In conjunction with Communications & Program Coordinator, assist in the preparation of electronic and print materials for our Service Learning Programs (high school, college & corporate level);
- Research and improve all program curriculum for pre-trip seminars, ensuring that it complies with Global Competence & Service Learning requirements;
- Assist in the development of Global Literacy curriculum for engaging youth (K-8) and working with teachers, parents & alumni to bring learnings into the classrooms;
- Point of contact for participants to assist with fundraising activities and all trip preparation;
- Plan and execute on all logistical requirements for trip preparation with Director of Operations and Regional Director.
- Willingness to travel on most to all service trips to Central America, often leading groups without Director of Operations in country;
- Maintaining high level of performance during all group travel and adhering to internal policies to ensure participant safety and proper program execution
- Draft reports and other related materials as requested;
- Manage student interns related to your responsibilities
- Support all development initiatives as requested;
- Perform a variety of tasks as requested and as necessary to allow the Founder & CEO to travel and both manage the program team in Latin America and market the organization to current and potential new funders.
- 3 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Legally able to work in U.S. without sponsorship
- Proven project management experience with timeline-driven projects
- Strong organizational, entrepreneurial, time management & public speaking skills
- International travel experience
- Confidence in leading similar groups abroad
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Highly collaborative style with sincere commitment to build relationships with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, beneficiaries and all supporters;
- Passion for and commitment to the mission, philosophy, values and education strategy of School the World;
- Excellent verbal communication skills as relationship building will be key to growth
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives;
- Real team player and team builder with positive attitude and willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to do what is most needed at any given time or moment to realize the mission and make the organization succeed.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Natalie Hambor, Director of Operations.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org