Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Senior Proposal Manager leads and supports proposal development efforts for the company; s/he is experienced in developing proposals for USAID and has a good grasp of the different requirements and needs for contract or cooperative agreement mechanisms. S/he establishes and ensures adherence to all proposal policies, procedures, and timelines to develop a submission that is technically and financially sound, responsive, compliant, and of the highest quality. The Senior Proposal Manager also is involved in preparatory efforts for bid pursuits, including developing partnerships and clients, tracking procurement opportunities, and providing guidance on or participating in pre-bid intelligence gathering efforts. The Senior Proposal Manager provides input into Creative’s knowledge management and capture of best practices and lessons learned for future business development efforts and may be assigned to lead or support a development of a country business development plan. While the majority of assignments is to fill the role of proposal manager on bids, the incumbent may be called on to support a bid effort in another role (e.g., capture manager, section writing support, etc.).
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in the Business Development Division, reporting to the Director of Proposal Development or designee. The position regularly interacts with the technical divisions and with Finance and Contracts, Human Resources, Communications, and the Office of the President. The incumbent may supervise proposal coordinators, specialists, consultants, or interns.
- Proposal management, leadership, and oversight of assigned proposal management projects, ensuring the integrity of implementation of Creative’s proposal development process.
- Dynamic representation of the Business Development Division across other divisions within the Company.
- Coaching of junior staff in the Business Development Division.
- Proactive involvement within the international development industry and proposal management profession to stay abreast latest developments, innovations, and best practices.
- Works with the Technical Lead to form the Proposal Development Team;
- Develops the proposal development packet for kick off, including the proposal development calendar; organizes and leads the Kick-off Meeting and all other preparatory meetings;
- Enforces adherence to deadlines;
- Develops, in collaboration with the Technical Lead, technical and cost volume outlines, writing assignments, compliance matrices, and layout and style protocols;
- Collects and submits proposal team questions to the client;
- Facilitates design sessions that result in agreed upon program design responsive to the RFP/A;
- Formalizes agreements with partner / resource organizations;
- Reviews Technical and Cost Volumes, including annexes; conducts re-writes and substantial technical editing, as required;
- Holds regular checkpoint meetings with proposal team to ensure adherence to schedule, check quality and compliance of response, surface potential problems early;
- Arranges Red, Green, and Gold Team reviews; assembles relevant documents for the reviews
- Ensures overall proposal responsiveness to, and compliance with, the solicitation
- Oversees preparation of the proposal for delivery and submits the proposal to the client
- Acts as a point of contact for BD pursuits in a region or country as assigned
- Six (6) years of work experience in the international development field. Experience in international education, civil society and governance, economic growth, or political transitions/stabilization programming preferred;
- Three (3) years of proposal development experience for USAID solicitations; experience with other U.S. Government (USG) agencies and/or non-USG donors is a plus;
- BA in international relations, international development, or a related field;
- Demonstrated skills in coalescing teams and teamwork and in building consensus;
- Demonstrated skills in meeting facilitation;
- Experience in program design approaches and methodologies, such as results frameworks, theories of change, logic modeling, and/or logical frameworks;
- Experience in writing, reviewing, and analyzing technical proposals and in critiquing budgets;
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications;
- Strong knowledge of the competitive market within Creative’s technical areas;
- Competent in using MS software, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint;
- Commitment to international development; and
- Commitment to High Performance Organization and values-driven work environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Second language, such as French, Spanish, or Arabic;
- Experience with other USG agencies and donors; and
- Demonstrated expertise within one or more of Creative’s technical areas, including field-based experience, is desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org