EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a motivated intern to assist the Mashreq team in its work.
Description of tasks
The intern will assist the Mashreq team under the overall supervision of, and according to priorities set by the Mashreq Advocacy Coordinator. The team is also composed of an Advocacy Officer and an assistant. The following tasks are to be performed:
- Support the Mashreq team with the practical and logistical organisation of activities, including sending invitation letters, setting up meetings, booking hotels, flights and trains, etc.;
- Participate in various meetings, take notes and prepare meeting reports and minutes;
- Maintain and update the database of advocacy contacts, when relevant in cooperation with the communication department.
- University Degree in European studies, human rights, law, political and social science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Keen interest and preferably proven work experience in the protection of human rights, NGOs of the EU/Middle East;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is imperative. Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset;
- Computer literacy in Word, basic Excel knowledge;
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to details.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org