At Fintrac, our employees are our greatest asset. We are always looking for talented, innovative individuals to join our global team and help us achieve our mission of alleviating poverty through agriculture. We offer competitive pay, outstanding benefits, a great work environment, and professional growth opportunities.
The Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation program works with private sector businesses to make improved agricultural technologies and services available, affordably, to smallholder farmers. Fintrac is seeking a Communications Specialist based in Washington D.C. to facilitate the development and implementation of articles, publications, and events that communicate program activities and lessons learned. S/he will work closely with a six-person program team and USAID to develop and implement communications activities in support of the program’s implementation, thought leadership, and learning agendas.
Activities will include proactively developing and implementing content management and delivery, maintaining and optimizing our web presence (including social media), writing, and editing. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, an active problem solver, and a very strong facilitator for delivering communications activities and products across a small team of technical staff. The successful candidate must be comfortable moving between planning goals and timelines while “rolling up their sleeves” to author and edit original content.
- Develop and implement, across a small, multi-functional team, content strategy and plans in support of outreach to a variety of audiences;
- Facilitate team meetings to inform content development plans, identify and secure unique communications opportunities (including external conferences, workshops, etc.) and help staff prepare messaging and materials for such opportunities;
- Develop high quality, original content – video, audio, webinars, articles, etc. - based on program lessons in consultation with program managers and specialists for a variety of audiences;
- Reinforce program messaging across team members and build their capacity to share messaging;
- Maintain contact management systems (CMS) and support dissemination of monthly electronic communications to our technical network of contacts, in coordination with managers;
- Copy edit and format all documents (including PowerPoint presentations) to ensure grammatical soundness, branding consistency, and appropriate use of charts and graphics to optimize accessibility for target audiences;
- Manage larger documents, e.g., compiling required USAID reports and third-party contracted reports including tables of contents, bibliographies, extracting and inserting graphs, tables, pictures, merging comments/revisions, and ensuring consistent writing style and tone as needed;
- Update and optimize program web presence including on its website, Agrilinks, Marketlinks, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other relevant websites and social media channels using analytics (and report findings during team meetings to solicit input and ideas for improving communications on an ongoing basis);
- Liaise with and support Fintrac’s home office Communications team as requested; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-6 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree with 3-4 years of relevant experience;
- International development experience and/or experience working in agriculture or food security;
- Proven experience developing and implementing content management plans in support of program strategies and goals while producing high quality, high volume content;
- Proven skills for analyzing web and social media analytics to engage priority audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate content development across team members;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to produce high-quality technical content and publications (both digital and print);
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Suite (especially Illustrator and InDesign) software;
- Ability to work in an open, multi-cultural atmosphere on time-sensitive projects;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Familiarity with Mailchimp and High Rise (or other CMS) software;
- Ability to work in a second language (Spanish, Portuguese, French).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org