The Casework Supervisor will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of casework programs, including Reception and Placement (R&P), Intensive Case Management (ICM), Student Academic Readiness (STAR, and Social Adjustment Services (SAS)), as well as other casework programs that may be established. The Casework Supervisor will develop and monitor annual and strategic plans for the department; ensure program goals are met; staff are supervised and supported; identify and secure grants to sustain and grow economic programs; and ensure reporting, compliance, and budgeting requirements are satisfied through oversight of team members and activities. The Casework Supervisor will plan for the overall department and its programs in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization as well as represent IRC’s casework services in the community and to potential funders, serving as a resource to those seeking information about program activities. The Casework Supervisor will spend 25% of their time developing grants to enhance program services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Staff and Program Management:
- Collaborate with management to determine program and placement goals and strategies such as overall enrollment targets.
- Combination of supporting junior management in their provision of daily oversight to staff and direct staff supervision in pursuit of overall compliance with program and IRC standards and achievement of strategic action plan (SAP) objectives.
- Evaluate and report on staff performance.
- Lead and facilitate team meetings and staff trainings.
- Provide career development and learning opportunities to casework staff to build the service delivery leadership strengths of all within the department.
- Implement and manage processes and procedures to ensure compliance with program requirements; coordinate preparation for audits of casework services as needed.
- Review financial data produced by the casework team to measure progress towards monthly targets and scan for any anomalies that need additional attention. Collaborate with the finance department and others as needed to design solutions to be deployed before the timeframe for adjustment passes.
- Satisfy program reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance of self and team with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
- Research and apply for funding opportunities in alignment with office business development strategy. Pursue funding for programming through grant writing and fundraising activities.
- Work as part of a team to provide comprehensive strength-based services to IRC clients through coordination of cases and effective communication between team members and departments.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in social work, international relations, or other relevant field; graduate degree preferred
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in nonprofit program development and management
- Experience supervising staff, including the completion of formal performance evaluations, coaching, and participation in hiring, onboarding, and performance management processes
- Grant writing experience preferred
- Familiarity with federally funded refugee/asylee/immigrant casework programs, with an understanding of strategies and best practices that build self-sufficiency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; bi-lingual abilities in a refugee language a plus
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in a cross-cultural environment
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have reliable access to insured personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
Working Environment: Standard office work environment, along with some field work, including home visits, health providers and other community-based partners may be required. Occasional evening and/or weekend work required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org