This position requires a unique combination of skills and knowledge to plan and implement high-quality, high-impact public events for the Middle East Institute (MEI). Specifically, the Program Officer plans, promotes, executes, and evaluates MEI’s conferences, panel discussions, private briefings, and other special events designed to increase understanding of the Middle East in the United States. The Program Officer, who works directly for the Program Manager and the Institute’s Senior Vice President, must be a highly organized, motivated individual who brings the following skills and qualifications:
· BA, preferably with a focus in Middle East studies, international relations, or communications with 1+ years of work or a competitive internship in a related field
· Highly organized and able to multi-task with superb attention to detail
· Superior written and oral communications skills
· Familiarity with Middle East experts and analysts
· Experience planning, managing, and implementing large events preferred
Basic graphic design, website design, and photo/video editing (InDesign, Adobe CreativeSuite, Constant Contact, PhotoShop, and/or Drupal) preferred
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter.
Please indicate the position “Program Officer” in the subject line of your email.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org