The post is located in the Information and Promotion Division (IPD) of the Madrid Registry, Brands and Designs Sector. IPD is responsible for the provision of information on and promotion of the Madrid System with a view to fostering increased engagement in, and use of, the System. IPD is also responsible for the Madrid helpline and providing input into the design of new digital services for users of the System.
The incumbent is responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation and management of the Division's information, promotional, digital and customer service activities, including its human resources administration, budget, planning and financial management.
The incumbent works under the supervision of the Senior Director of the Madrid Registry.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following principal duties:
- Direct the Division's portfolio of work and take overall management responsibility for its human and financial resources, determining priorities and allocating resources for the timely and quality delivery of work products in accordance with results-based management principles; ensure that key risks are identified, assessed and managed for the achievement of agreed results and that risk management is embedded in all core processes and functions.
- Oversee the planning, development, coordination and implementation of strategies and projects to promote: (1) more effective use of the Madrid System by the private sector, including trademark owners and agents; (2) wider recognition, acceptance and effective use of the Madrid System by existing Contracting Parties.
- Develop the Division's reliance on data-driven and digital promotion strategies.
- Oversee the development of an informal network of users with a view to seeking their input for the further development of the Madrid System and the services offered by the Madrid Registry.
- Develop Madrid Registry customer service plans, and direct their implementation, to ensure effective support for users of the Madrid System.
- Oversee contributions to the activities aimed at providing users of the Madrid System with an effective range of online tools and resources to enable greater self-service options.
- Oversee the development and coordination of information sessions, seminars, workshops and other capacity building activities in respect of the above.
- Liaise with other divisions in the Registry and key sectors as well as concerned divisions in the Organization on joint activities in respect of the above.
- Ensure the provision of quality support and timely advice on promotion of the effective use of the Madrid system to all stakeholders in cooperation with other divisions in the Registry.
- Represent the Organization at high-level meetings and conferences; advocate the Madrid System through strategic engagement with key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in marketing, communications, international relations, business administration or other relevant discipline. A first-level university degree plus two years of relevant experience in addition to the experience requested below may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least fifteen years of relevant professional experience including in the field of intellectual property rights or commercial branding. At least eight years of experience at a managerial level.
- Experience within a national or regional IP office of a member of the Madrid System.
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of other UN languages or languages of major user countries of the Madrid System.
Job Related Competencies
- Familiarity with intellectual property and its relationship with commercial branding activities.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated sound political judgment and capacity to work well with a range of WIPO stakeholders, including high-ranking officials from Contracting Parties and various other institutions, as well as senior private sector representatives.
- Good understanding of WIPO strategic priorities, implementation constraints and opportunities, with a strong emphasis on support to countries.
- Excellent communication, networking, public presentation and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate complex subject matter to non-specialists and to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to cultivate innovation and manage change. Proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives and accountability in delivering results.
- Communicating effectively.
- Showing team spirit.
- Demonstrating integrity.
- Valuing diversity.
- Producing results.
- Showing service orientation.
- Seeing the big picture.
- Seeking change and innovation.
- Developing yourself and others.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org