CHANGE seeks to hire a full-time Individual Giving Coordinator to build and expand our individual giving program. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of fundraising principles, excellent writing and story-telling skills, and experience in cultivating donors. The Individual Giving Coordinator will be a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and will help CHANGE achieve its ambitious fundraising goals, through developing and executing an individual fundraising strategy that includes researching and identifying mid-level and major donors (including planned giving), managing fundraising events, drafting compelling fundraising appeals, and sending timely acknowledgement letters to donors. The Individual Giving Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Development, as well as other staff members.
- Work with the Director of Development to establish an individual donor fundraising strategy that is an integral aspect of the development strategy and CHANGE’s organizational strategic plan
- Research current and prospective donors to support identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of mid-level and major donors, as well as planned giving
- Work with the Director of Development to build and track donor prospect pipelines, including implementing innovative approaches to help expand and diversify CHANGE’s individual donor base
- Work with the Director of Development and Communications department to increase CHANGE’s visibility to potential donors through the generation of new fundraising materials and communications strategies that encourage donor engagement and support
- Develop compelling donor specific materials, including drafting e-mail updates, one-pagers, quarterly donor e-newsletters, brochures, annual reports, concept notes, and other material as necessary
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to send out fundraising appeals to donors, including email appeals and direct mail
- Draft and send timely acknowledgement letters to donors
- Lead the planning and implementation of fundraising events in coordination with the Director of Development, as well as with other staff members at CHANGE and external consultants/experts
- Oversee management of EveryAction, CHANGE’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
- Keep informed of developments in philanthropy and fund development, as well as the not-for-profit sector
- 4-5 years of experience in a fundraising role
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and story-telling skills with an ability to communicate with a variety of audiences
- Proven track record with donor acquisition, including mid-level and major gifts, and establishing planned, annual and monthly giving programs
- Strong ability to plan fundraising events, including developing sponsorship packages and securing sponsors for events
- Experience with strategic use of fundraising database software, preferably EveryAction
- Extensive experience using social media for fundraising purposes
- Ability to manage competing priorities and responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- A demonstrated commitment to women’s rights and public health and a strong commitment to the organization’s mission are essential
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Please send a cover letter including a summary of relevant experience and qualifications for and interest in this position, current resume, two writing samples (no more than one-two pages each), and three references no later than August 20, 2019. No phone calls please! Send application materials by applying below (please put Individual Giving Coordinator in subject line).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org