Provides support to the study team to assist with the implementation of the operational research. Coordinates, reviews and assists in the development of study related documents. Assists with site communication, site staff training on the protocol, data collection and data management. Monitors the compliance of the study sites to the protocol and Good Clinical Practice.
- Assists the central study team in developing the field guide and other study related documents;
- Coordinates with the study sites within his/her assigned province/region and other concerned offices/agencies;
- Trains the study site staff on the protocol;
- Conducts data collection according to the study protocol in the study sites within his/her assigned region;
- Encodes data gathered from the study sites into the study database;
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of the accomplished study forms;
- Assists the study site staff in developing and maintaining files to ensure the integrity of the data;
- Updates the database and assists the database manager in resolving data quality issues;
- Assists in data consolidation and data analysis;
- Monitors the compliance of the study site staff to the latest approved version of the protocol and Good Clinical Practice;
- Participates in the regular study team meetings to discuss the progress made, issues/challenges encountered and updates on the study;
- Submits monitoring report and monthly progress report;
- Assists the study team in other study related activities;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of TB/DR-TB situation in the Philippines;
- Experience in TB/DR-TB programming is strongly desired;
- Preferably with training on Programmatic Management of Drug-Resistant TB (PMDT);
- Relevant training on research methods or database management is an advantage;
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to record, encode, analyze and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare reports;
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team unit;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willing to be trained, result and detail oriented;
- Can work under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Willing to travel within the assigned region and to the head office in Makati City.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to travel domestically at least 80%;
- Full-time 12 months grant funded position, with the possibility of transitioning to a longer term.
- At least a bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in medical field, public health, statistics, or a related area;
- At least 2 years working experience in TB/MDR TB service provision;
- At least 1 year experience in public health research or clinical trial;
- Prior work experienced in health development sector assisting non-government organization (NGO) or public-sector programs is an advantage;
- Prior work experienced with key stakeholders in Philippines strongly desired.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org