Major duties and responsibilities:
- To analyse and monitor all aspects of Humanitarian Affairs – refugees, returnees and displaced persons and formulate strategies aimed at finding durable solutions to the problems relating to them as well as combating humanitarian crises such as man-made and natural disasters;
- To provide advice on policy, protection, advocacy and operations to Member States and also to AU partners and other relevant organizations;
- To enhance cooperation and collaboration with AU partners and other humanitarian organizations;
- To provide technical advice on all issues relating to the work of the Division;
- To conduct liaison and coordination functions with relevant departments of the Commission, Member States, UN Agencies, AU partners and Non-Governmental organizations (NGO’s) and other relevant organizations;
- To assist in keeping Member States and the International Community at large, informed about the consequences of movements of refugees and internally displaced persons;
- To ensure overall management of the Division; personnel, budget, performance, quality, discipline and training in conformity with the relevant rules and procedures in force;
- To produce and submit periodic reports on activities and specific missions;
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A University Master's Degree in Political Science, or Communications, or International Relations, or Public Administration, or Law or the Social Sciences and 10 years of relevant working experience in Human Affairs, or Disaster Management or International Relations, of which at least 7 years should be at management level;
- A University Bachelor Degree in Political Science, or Communications, or International Relations, or Public Administration, or Law or the Social Sciences and 10 years of experience out of which 5 years of experience at a supervisory level in Human Affairs, or Disaster Management or International Relations.
Other relevant skills:
- Computer literacy;
- Working knowledge of policy analysis;
- Management experience, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to organize and motivate others and to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills;
- Good communication and negotiating skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in at least one of the African Union working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese);
- Knowledge of other working languages would be an added advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org