Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking Program Assistants (PAs) to support USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) and USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP). USAID/OFDA and USAID/FFP provide U.S. Government humanitarian assistance overseas in response to natural disasters, complex emergencies, and disease outbreaks. Both offices also support longer-term activities that build resilience and reduce disaster risk among vulnerable populations and mitigate chronic humanitarian need and food insecurity. As part of USAID/OFDA and USAID/FFP teams based in Washington, D.C., PAs provide administrative, programmatic, and operational support to USAID/OFDA and USAID/FFP staff. Day-to-day work assignments and oversight are provided by USAID/OFDA or USAID/FFP team leads or deputy team leads, with formal supervisory and evaluation functions performed by a Macfadden contract supervisor.
Specific PA duties vary based on team assignments. Depending on the team, PA duties may include and are not limited to:
- Maintaining activity calendars and team schedules;
- Organizing team meetings, calls, or other events, including sending out invitations and reminders, developing agendas, and managing room reservations, phone bridge lines, and other logistics;
- Attending meetings and events on behalf of a team in a note-taking or administrative-support capacity;
- Creating and managing folders and filing systems on behalf of a team;
- Supporting the onboarding of new staff of various hiring mechanisms, including helping them with administrative tasks such as requesting soft tokens or completing badge forms;
- Drafting, updating, editing, and/or coordinating the collaboration on programmatic, technical, or administrative memos and other documents;
- Facilitating the clearance of programmatic, technical, or administrative memos and other documents;
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing data in response to internal or external data requests; and
- Updating programmatic, technical, or administrative trackers and consistently monitoring data quality.
For PAs assigned to support programmatic efforts, additional duties may include:
- Conducting the initial review and processing of incoming proposals, including reviewing submissions for completeness, performing initial data entry, and compiling feedback from programmatic and technical staff;
- Preparing award packages;
- Organizing and maintaining grant documentation, including grantee reports and correspondence;
- Tracking grantee evaluation, monitoring, and reporting compliance;
- Reviewing and preparing post-award management documentation in support of the Agreement Officer Representative; and
- Monitoring, tracking, and processing programmatic close-out actions.
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum two years of professional/office experience, including internships, OR
- Master’s degree with minimum one year of professional/office experience, including internships.
Qualified PA candidates should:
- Possess excellent judgment and reliability,
- Have strong attention to detail,
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Be able to work under deadlines in a fast-paced and collaborative environment,
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances, and
- Be willing to go the extra mile.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org