EUFORES is the European cross-party network of Members of Parliament from the European Parliament as well as from the EU28 national and regional Parliaments. EUFORES’ core objective is the promotion of renewable energy and energy efficiency. EUFORES has developed a broad spectrum of activities – in and outside of the Parliaments of Europe – in order to coordinate the exchange between its members.
EUFORES is looking for a Project and Event Manager to be based at its Secretariat in Brussels. The position includes occasional missions within EU.
Starting date: September 2019
EUFORES job profile: Scope of Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage projects and activities;
- General management of EU-funded projects: Coordination of work packages and tasks with project partners and general contract implementation and project reporting (EU Funding Programmes like Horizon2020, LIFE etc.);
- Keep informed about renewable energy and energy efficiency policies and discussions on the EU level;
- Project communication: newsletters, press releases, mailings, brochures etc.
General Event Management
- Prepare, organise, manage, implement and follow-up all general events of EUFORES (Inter-Parliamentary Meetings and workshops in national parliaments; breakfast roundtables, work-shops and dinners in the European Parliament etc.);
- Manage all event related onsite issues: rooms, catering, technical requirements, hostesses, hotels, services, side events, transport etc.;
- Keep up relations with managing counterparts in the European Parliament and national parliaments.
Management of Parliamentary Membership Relations
- Identification, contacting and acquisition of parliamentary members;
- Membership relations and services (maintain database, identify new members, follow-up relationships with parliamentary members etc.);
- Keep the parliamentary network base up-to-date by conducting annual parliamentary contacts research and identification of key Members of Parliament all over Europe.
- Personal Assistance to the Secretary General (team coordination, communication, travel arrangements);
- Office Management (office facilities and supplies etc.).
Your Profile: Required Skills
- Post-graduate University Degree in a related field (political and social science, international relations, management, European studies, intercultural management etc.);
- Excellent knowledge on EU institutions, renewable energy, energy efficiency and environmental issues;
- At least 3 years work experience in project, event, communications, funding and office management and in the field of EU institutions (experience from European Parliament or Commission welcome);
- Excellent written and oral English (German and French very welcome);
- First class management and representation skills;
- Advanced IT user skills (Excel, Word, Internet, Photoshop, InDesign, Typo3);
- Excellent communication qualities especially in writing, editing and drafting;
- Ability to research, evaluate, negotiate, establish and maintain relationships with members, partners, speakers and high level officials and decision makers;
- Cultural awareness and flexibility;
- Willingness and availability to travel;
- References welcome.
- Please direct your CV with photo and motivation letter;
- To Dr. Jan Geiss, Secretary General of EUFORES, [email protected];
- Via e-mail only;
- With the subject "Application Project & Event Manager EUFORES – your name";
- Strictly no telephone calls!
Application deadline: 26th August 2019. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Personal Interviews will be held in Brussels end of August 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org