Transparentem is a discreet, nonprofit organization whose mission is to spur transparency and accelerate ethical behavior in important global industries. We work to achieve that mission by identifying and investigating endemic human and environmental abuses upstream in manufacturing supply chains. Currently, we are focused on apparel, footwear, and accessories.
We are seeking a Program Assistant to join our Operations team. The role is split between administrative duties and program support for Transparentem’s investigations and strategic engagement. The Program Assistant’s key responsibilities include:
Program and Operations duties: (~70%)
- Assisting with day-to-day program administration (e.g., record keeping, managing phone systems, basic tech support, program expense management);
- Researching management systems to continue to improve the operations of the team;
- Organizing logistics for team meetings and retreats;
- Assisting with preparation for quarterly board meetings;
- Monitoring and compiling relevant industry news;
- Maintaining the organization’s website;
- Working with vendors and administering/supporting key internal systems;
- Fielding initial external inquiries about the organization;
- Assisting with the recruitment process for new employees;
- Undertaking research projects to support Transparentem’s staff on investigations; and
- Providing logistical support for Transparentem’s investigations.
Executive Assistant duties: (~30%)
- Providing administrative support to Transparentem’s President and occasionally key senior staff with scheduling and travel arrangements; and
- Providing background materials to the President and key senior staff for external meetings, as needed.
The role reports to the Vice President of Operations.
What We’re Looking For:
This is a challenging role that requires complete discretion and a passion for Transparentem’s mission. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in non-profit management, and the role offers the potential for growth. We are looking for individuals with:
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Impeccable organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- An interest in non-profit management and human rights and environmental justice.
- The ability to work autonomously and independently manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- A passion for social justice and a strong sense of mission.
- Unimpeachable integrity and discretion.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English required.
- US work authorization required.
Transparentem is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested candidates to apply. Please apply directly on our website, www.transparentem.com/position-openings/
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Start Date: Immediate