Senior Developer (integration). Berlin. Posting Date: 07/04/2019. Deadline: 07/30/2019
A Seasoned and Experienced Software Developer shall be part of a cross-functional software development team. Provide support to in-house developed systems and third-party solutions. Participate in implementation of software development projects as well as integration of various systems, cloud based and/or on-premise. Be a mentor of other developers as needed.
OSF Global Head of Applications & Knowledge Management and OSF CIO
Directly Reports to
Software Development - Technical Lead/Manager
- Provide the operational support for various applications and systems on a daily basis
- Ensure compliance with corporate guidelines for SDLC during implementations
- Translate complex business requirements to robust IT solutions
- Ability to continuously develop the systems and still maintain high usability
- Understand of system architectures, the interfacing technologies and middleware
- Knowledge of general programming methodologies
- Practical application of all aspects of software design, test strategies, Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to complete Technical Design Write-ups, Design, code, test program or application modules that meet design specification
- Understand the high level requirements and create practical solutions for it
- Flexibility to support ad-hoc needs and or requests approved by management
- Provide technical leadership to other developers in the team/project
- Keep abreast of new technologies, best practices, and global trends related to software development; make recommendations and oversee incorporation as appropriate
Masters/Bachelors in Computer Science or 10+ years of relevant IT experience, preferably in an IT consulting or other relevant organization
- 6+ Years of Experience with Cloud based solutions and platforms in most of the following: Salesforce.com/SFDC, Heroku
- Salesforce Developer II certification
- Provide innovative solutions leveraging Salesforce's Force.com capabilities and make recommendations to support a rapidly increasing org/s.
- Develop custom code using Visualforce, APEX, Java and other technologies to build customized solutions supporting business initiatives/processes.
- Experience with Middleware (ETL) (Mulesoft, Cast Iron)
- Integrate salesforce.com with other Complex Systems
- Experience in creating scalable web-based RESTful APIs / experience with web services (SOAP and REST)
- Experience with databases (MSSQL, Oracle)
- Experience in 'using' the technology or 'creating interfaces' with most of the following: NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, Workday
- Experience in 'using' the tools: Zendesk, JIRA, Bitbucket
- Openness to learn new technologies
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with demonstrated investigative skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Comprehensive knowledge about modern software development methodologies and SDLC (Agile, SCRUM, other)
- Strong passion for quality and attention to details
- Ability to cope with complexity and to make decisions with incomplete or minimal data
- Ability to travel to other offices as required
- Global Cross Cultural Team player with ability to work across time zones
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with internal and external partners, fluency in written and spoken English is needed
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.