The Senior Policy & Investment Specialist will report and be under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Namibia. The FAO Investment Centre (DPIA) will provide technical oversight in collaboration with a National Task Team composed of MAWF, FAO, GIZ officials, National consultants, and other relevant sector players. The Senior Policy & Investment Specialist will lead the National consultants and the FAO Technical team while coordinating the overall development of the plan. The National Task Team would provide guidance and technical information and data for the consultants; identifying stakeholders and relevant documents as needed. Specific working groups may also be constituted to work with the consultants on specific sections of the plan. This work is expected to take up to 5 months to complete.
The objective of the assignment is to provide oversight and technical backstopping to a team of consultants and champion the development of a nutrition-sensitive National Agricultural Investment Plan (2019-2022) with a higher degree of prioritization, efficiency and effectiveness of interventions based on (but not limited to) guidelines from CAADP in tandem with the Malabo declaration, SDGs and NDP5. The assignment is thus to develop a comprehensive NAIP containing required investments and costs to deliver on the NDP5 targets including horizontal and vertical communication mechanisms to be used by the sector until the end of 2022.
Tasks and responsibilities
The candidate will perform the following tasks:
- In liaison with the national consultants and national task team, develop the NAIP formulation road map and format.
- Provide technical guidance to the NAIP formulation team to ensure that the NAIP is aligned to National, Regional and Global frameworks and targets.
- Review and analyse key documents (both national and international) relevant to the sector. The key document should include policy and strategy documents as well as reports.
- Synthesize and aggregate results of studies undertaken and help identify gaps, strategic options, and areas of focus in consultation with stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the team of consultants, lead the development of a communication, implementation and M&E plans for the NAIP.
- Aggregate and consolidate inputs and contributions made by the team of consultants and provide technical guidance during the drafting of the NAIP.
- Advanced university degree in (for Consultants)/University degree (only for PSA) in one of these fields: Natural Resource Management, Agricultural economics, Agri-business, Economics, Public Policy, Strategic Planning, Project Planning, Business Administration, Management, Development Studies, Development Management or any other related field;
- 12 years of working experience for national, regional or international organizations in a variety of areas including institutional planning and budgeting; strategic planning and management;
- Proven experience in working with investment projects at the national level;
- Previous working experience with FAO or other UN Agencies in policy advocacy is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian. (for PSA it can be required only one language)
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary and multi-national teams to deliver quality products in high stress and short deadline situations;
- Proven experience in policy development, management, and programming-related work, especially in the agriculture or related sector;
- Thorough understanding of National, Regional and Global planning processes and developmental targets;
- Strong coordination, networking and relationship building skills;
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Organized, punctual and detail oriented;
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based advice;
- Ability to work in a team setting, taking initiative and performing multiple tasks.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org