C2ES seeks a highly qualified person to focus on state, federal and international climate policy, with an emphasis on carbon markets and finance. This position reports to both the Executive Vice President and the Senior Vice President for Policy and Business Strategy.
• Research, analyze, write and communicate information on state, federal, and international developments in climate and energy policy, with a particular focus on market-based policy solutions.
• Provide expert guidance to state, federal and international policy makers on carbon market and other climate policy design;
• Work closely with C2ES's Business Environmental Leadership Council and other business and stakeholder representatives;
• Organize workshops and briefings for policymakers, experts and stakeholders;
• Represent C2ES at climate change meetings, conferences, and hearings; and
• Contribute to the development of C2ES strategy and initiatives.
• Three or more years of work experience related to climate change or clean energy policy;
• Master's degree in environmental/energy policy, economics, finance, environmental law, energy resources, or related field;
• Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issue (law, economics, policy, business, etc.);
• Demonstrated expertise in carbon markets and policy design; background in climate finance a strong plus;
• Top-notch writing, editing, research, and quantitative analysis skills required;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently, as needed;
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels; and
• Willingness to travel (up to 25% of total time)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org