The Global Center on Cooperative Security (Global Center) is seeking a full-time Development Manager to manage and deliver its fundraising program and associated activities with a specific focus on foundations and the private sector.
ABOUT THE GLOBAL CENTER
The Global Center is a non-profit, independent organization that works with governments, international organizations, and civil society towards a more secure and just world free from violent extremism. Our policy research and capacity development programs help advance inclusive, rule of law-based policies, partnerships, and practices that are globally informed and locally grounded. We work across four thematic areas, namely countering violent extremism, criminal justice and the rule of law, financial integrity and inclusion, and multilateral security policy. The Global Center has a staff of 20 full time employees based in New York, Washington DC, London, Nairobi, and Brussels, complemented by a global network of expert consultants, trainers, and senior fellows. For more information, visit our website at www.globalcenter.org.
This new position will be responsible for the strategic development and launch of a six-figure unrestricted or annual giving development program, working with senior organizational leadership. The position will be responsible for strategic communications, prospect cultivation, and solicitation, with an emphasis on identifying and engaging new audiences and supporters through targeted communications, small-scale events, networking, and personal interactions. This is an exciting next step in the Global Center’s growth, as it strives to further diversify its funding and donor base beyond existing organizational income of over $5M per year in project grants from a diverse range of donor governments. The appropriate candidate will contribute to important work supporting local practitioners to apply inclusive, rights-based approaches to issues of insecurity and violent extremism in countries such as Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Pakistan, working together with a range of partner organizations and multilateral actors such as the United Nations.
Fundraising strategy and strategic communications
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Management to design and implement a fundraising strategy for unrestricted funding, including pipeline development and solicitation goals
- Lead the development donor cultivation, stewardship, and other marketing collateral, such as annual reports, donor communications, and donor outreach materials
- Work with program staff to design and disseminate work (published reports, event summaries, etc.) in order to maximize their contribution to strategic fundraising goals
- Coordinate and deliver fundraising events as applicable, and identify opportunities to leverage existing events for fundraising efforts
- Working closely with the Senior Management and Board of Directors, identify, develop, grow, and manage a robust prospect portfolio
- Lead and manage the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new donors (especially corporations and foundations), including event sponsors
- Support Board Members in their fundraising responsibilities, allowing us to make good use of their networks
- Lead on the development of written materials in support of cultivation and solicitation activities, including proposals, letters and presentations for donors, and briefing materials
Donor communication and management
- Assist the Senior Management and Board of Directors in maintaining relationships with key donors
- Manage administrative activities associated with the fundraising program, including gift acknowledgments, regular mailings, and maintenance of a donor database
The Global Center offers a generous benefits package including paid vacations, employer-sponsored health insurance, and retirement benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with two professional references. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Global Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org