The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI’s Global Operations Team works to ensure coordinated greater operational efficiency, effective communication across teams, and compliance with regulatory obligations to enable CHAI to reliably achieve programmatic goals.
The Global Operations Team is seeking a Global Operations Coordinator to be hired immediately. The Coordinator will report to the Manager, Global Operations and will also support the Associate Director, Global Operations. The Coordinator will also work closely with other members of the Global Operations Team as well as staff across all levels of the organization, including Boston-based functional teams (Finance, Human Resources, etc.) and staff based in country. The Coordinator will be expected to work with members of CHAI’s Leadership as well as maintain relationships with several external partners.
This position will be based at our office in Boston.
Meeting Coordination for Senior Leadership
- Plan and execute all logistics for quarterly meetings at international locations
- Analyze and identify potential locations for meetings including liaising with country teams in Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America to identify possible venues, analyze and complete costing exercises, understand process to secure visas, and act as main point of contact with the hotel from the contract negotiation stage through the final payment.
- Work with Safety & Security Team to understand safety & security risks of meeting location and appropriately communicate to attendees
- Support meeting logistics including collecting participant flight information and arranging on-the-ground transportation, on-site support, Internet, AV needs, scheduling and all other related needs.
Act as Resource for Meeting Coordination Across CHAI
- Manage Meeting Coordination Resources Suite including the information and guidance for meeting planning process, rules, and expectations
- Liaise with all coordinators planning meetings to ensure proper procedures are followed for all CHAI meetings; routinely share best practices with coordinators and, host biannual training/information sessions
Support Internal Communications
- Manage the Global Events Calendar; liaise with teams to collect important organizational dates and information to include in calendar and resources suite, including large organizational meetings, orientations, workshops, conferences, team meetings, relevant external conferences, etc.
- Regularly update tools and resources for information sharing
- Work with teams to help create portals for team information
Registration and Local Entity Compliance
- Spearhead updates to local/foreign entity board of directors as a result of personnel changes. This includes facilitation of signatures according to established protocol and interfacing with executive level CHAI staff over email and in-person.
- Work independently to prepare and submit CHAI’s domestic solicitation of funds registration renewals. This will require familiarity with CHAI’s IRS 990 and audited financials.
- Fastidious management of Global Operations Team’ cloud-based files according to a rubric on file naming, folder creation, etc.
- Solicit notarizations and apostille/legalizations on document(s) as requested.
- Review of legal invoices received from third parties. Where the Coordinator deems that costs are appropriate, the Coordinator will solicit approval from the budget owner and prepare/submit payment requests.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties directly related to registrations and local entity compliance support e.g., the preparation of shipping requests, facilitation of signature requests, original document storage, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- High level corporate administrative experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to manage complex projects involving multiple stakeholders at one time; commitment to using established organizational principles to ensure that all tasks are completed, both large and small.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of varied professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Keen attention to professional email etiquette, especially with regard to the transmission of sensitive data.
- Highly motivated to seek out resolutions, work independently and self-motivate with limited oversight from manager.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Proficiency with Smartsheet and Box a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org