Metrics for Management (M4M) is a nonprofit organization, created with a vision to establish common health service delivery metrics and the tools to apply them in order to enable governments and NGOs alike to measure what matters and better serve those in need. M4M designs, promotes, and standardizes performance measures to improve health outcomes and wellbeing in low- and middle- income countries (LMICs). We work to assure accurate and relevant data is collected, that common metrics are agreed on to measure performance, and that those metrics are widely disseminated and used. By building global consensus and through rigorous research, we develop easy-to-implement, easy-to-understand, real-time performance metrics to help managers assess and improve the performance of their own program, institution, facility, or district. We also provide in-country technical assistance to assist implementers in the application, adaptation, and development of performance measures to meet local program needs. Our current projects focus on family planning, maternal, adolescent and child health, abortion, and health financing.
We are a small, but highly efficient, team based in Baltimore. Joining a small team provides immediate opportunities for leadership, the chance to diversify your skill set by working on a variety of projects, the potential to propose and implement your own innovations, the ability to quickly advance our work, and the chance to make a big impact.
Please visit our website at www.m4mgmt.org to learn more about our work.
Metrics for Management seeks an experienced, full-time Communications Manager to develop and execute an organization-wide communications strategy. The Communications Manager will promote our individual metrics to a targeted audience, create and implement overall branding initiatives, and identify and lead external communications activities that feature Metrics for Management’s projects and technical assistance services. The position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Communications Manager’s role will:
- Drive Metrics for Management’s communication strategy and message development, pitch, and announcement strategies with a focus on the metrics.
- Create, deliver, and evaluate the success of marketing and public relations campaigns to feature Metrics for Management’s work and that lead to brand awareness.
- Develop and implement strong communications and advocacy packages; including materials for program staff at collaborating organizations, organizational leadership, and donors.
- Write compelling content for newsletters, blog posts, press releases, website, and quarterly Board of Directors updates, tailored for specific audiences including other nonprofits, government, the private sector, and civil society. Create rich and engaging online content that is optimized for search engines.
- Proactively monitor and maintain Metrics for Management’s social media channels with news copy and digital content, delivered in the right tone and aligned with key international events/news, as well as with Metrics or Management projects and events.
- Identify and support conference, webinar, networking, and presentation opportunities.
- Develop attractive, scientifically accurate, and professional presentation materials.
- Coordinate domestic and international project events and meeting logistics including annual Board of Directors meeting, and other collaborator and project-related meetings. Attend and provide on-site management for all meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Communications; Public Relations; Journalism; International Affairs; or other related subject. Master’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years of progressively increasing communications management responsibility, event planning, and event logistics management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills for both experts and the general public, with a strong interest in visual design.
- Understanding of the field of global health and major organizations and funders working in this field paired with enthusiasm for data for social good and the ability to translate Metrics for Management’s into simple easily understood content.
- Experience creating content for and managing a website in WordPress.
- Commitment to take full ownership of a project and develop creative methods to increase brand recognition and overall strategic communications.
- Ability to work independently and as a team and to develop innovative strategies to reach target audiences.
- Significant attention to detail and excellent organizational skills; ability to hold self and others to high standards.
- Ability to work and deliver high quality products in a fast-paced, flexible job environment and to handle multiple tasks and details simultaneously.
- Fluency in English.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
Metrics for Management offers highly subsidized health, vision, and dental insurance, plus a 3% contribution to a SIMPLE IRA retirement account. In addition, employees accrue up to 3 weeks of vacation each year, 10 sick days, and 10 holidays.
To apply, please submit:
1) cover letter
3) writing sample
4) contact information for three references
to Andrea Sprockett (andrea [at] m4mgmt.org) with the subject line “Communications Manager.”
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org