Events Associate. Berlin. Posting Date: 08/05/2019. Deadline: 08/26/2019
The Events Associate is an individual contributor role, supporting the OSF Facilities team to provide the best logistics, catering and event set-up services for meetings and events.
- Carries out day-to-day administrative functions with limited supervision. Solves problems collaboratively or with assistance from supervisor;
- Monitors and analyzes data as directed using budgeting systems and protocols, under direction from supervisor;
- Performs routine tasks in accordance with established procedures and direction from supervisor (e.g., regular collection of pre-identified data and information, consolidation of data and information into a pre-defined format, regular submission of pre-identified data and information to agreed stakeholders). Requires supervisory guidance to resolve problems;
- Interacts with colleagues in Germany and worldwide to provide or receive information courteously and accurately and to timely transmit it to others who may need to act on it;
- Creates and sustains relationships and a positive interaction; exercises limited discretion in conversation and works with limited supervision except in unusual circumstances;
- Gathers information which may include basic costing and cost comparisons and recommendations about options. May make arrangements and commitments based on direction from supervisor. May include physical arrangement of equipment, furnishings, catering etc. for on-site events. Works under close supervision;
- Performs more complex procurement activities following established procedures and direction from supervisor;
- High School degree or higher;
- Has acquired specialized knowledge and applied experience in assimilating and understanding data and information from various sources in order to draw appropriate conclusions and make relevant recommendations;
- Exercises specialized knowledge and provides technical guidance when required on receiving, monitoring and dealing with colleagues and others;
- Knowledge and experience in ensuring the optimum level of supplies, equipment and materials;
- Has acquired specialized knowledge and applied experience in on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives, Using standard windows software as well as internal reservation and booking systems;
- Demonstrates general knowledge and has limited experience in creating reports for various audiences as relevant, in a clear and effective manner, keeping in mind the purpose of reports;
- Exercises specialized knowledge and provides technical guidance when required on delivering required services to the required standards;
- Has acquired specialized knowledge and applied experience in managing vendors so that they deliver the best possible results given available resources;
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.