The Washington DC office seeks an intern to work closely with senior GMF staff and provide event assistance and research, logistical and administrative support. The internship is a unique opportunity to be in direct contact with the senior international policy community. It is also a new, entrepreneurial effort which always for creative and strategic contributions.
The Intern can also benefit from the Washington foreign policy environment and attend various foreign and development policy-related events.
The is unpaid, but offers an ideal opportunity to acquire substantive professional experience for those interested in a career in public policy, international development or global affairs.
- Assisting in research and analysis related to Eastern Europe, democracy and security.
- Contributing insight into agenda design, session formats and speaker suggestions
- Assisting with Congressional outreach
- Acting as an internal point of contact for GMF staff
- Coordinating external communications with DC stakeholders
- Attending events in Washington D.C. to gain insights into ongoing policy debates. Assisting GMF staff in all other operational preparations
- Assisting with building and updating a program website
- Assisting with other administrative and logistical duties as assigned
- Fluency in English. Second language skills in Hungarian, Polish, or Russian desired, but not required.
- Strong interest and demonstrated academic or professional work on/in Eastern Europe, Europe, NATO, and democracy issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is essential. Proficiency in building social media presence, managing website content, HTML/CSS, Drupal or Proficiency in HTML/CSS, Drupal or WordPress a plus but not required.
- Congressional experience preferred.
- Flexibility to multi-task, have an eye for detail, ability to perform under tight deadlines and work independently and responsibly.
- Experience in event management is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills; and must be creative, organized, committed and responsible.
Start and Length of the Internship:
- Preferred starting date: September 4, 2019
- Preferred length of internship: 3 months w/ option of renewal.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org