We are seeking a progressive, creative and ambitious manager to join our team of sustainability change-makers in Brooklyn, NY. This role is an exciting opportunity to help accelerate our impact in driving systems change in the US. One of the key responsibilities of a Senior Principal is to design and facilitate projects that lead to systemic and transformational change in one or more of our Challenge Labs addressing climate, sustainable nutrition and sustainable value chains and livelihoods. As part of this you will also cultivate deep partnerships with pioneering businesses, nonprofits, foundations and other organizations that are working to transform the way we work, live and consume in support of a just and sustainable future.
About Forum for the Future
Forum for the Future is an independent, global non-profit with a mission to accelerate systems change for a just and sustainable future. We have a 21 year track record in partnering with pioneering companies who recognize that social and environmental issues are already shaping their business context today, and want to actively create the conditions for their future success. In addition to working with these organizations one on one, we bring companies, NGOs, government representatives and others together to create action-oriented coalitions on particularly urgent and complex sustainability challenges. Examples include The Protein Challenge 2040, which is working to ensure we can feed 9 billion people with enough protein in the future; Cotton 2040, which is working to mainstream sustainable cotton; and The Net Positive Project, which is helping to create a movement of companies giving more back to society and the environment than what they take out. As a charity, we publicly share our learnings from this work through communications, events and our new School of Systems Change.
Forum has offices in London, New York, Mumbai and Singapore.
We operate as a global team, delivering both international and local projects.
Our US office is celebrating its eighth year, working with partners including Danone North America, FoodCorps, Target, Hershey’s, Omidyar Network, and Garfield Foundation, among others. We drive Forum’s full strategy – from advising organizations on a 1:1 basis to driving wider collaborations to running our School of Systems Change.
About the Role
Reporting to the Associate Director of Forum for the Future US, the Senior Principal Change Designer will support our work by (1) managing and delivering high impact systems change projects, primarily for individual partner organizations, (2) deepening our relationships and coaching partners in their journey towards transformational change, and (3) supporting our income generation and profile.
Key responsibilities include:
· Project management: managing high quality sustainability projects with our partners that have a strong theory of change; apply futures, design and systems thinking; and demonstrate measurable outcomes and impact within budget.
· Partner management: supporting partners individually, deepening our relationships and contributing to a dynamic community.
· Income generation[SV1] : supporting our office in growing our portfolio of work with US businesses, foundations and other organizations and expanding our reach and network.
· Thought leadership and external representation: occasionally representing Forum and its work in channels from conferences to publications
· Contributing to team culture. Ensuring that our work is conducted in ways that are aligned with our organizational values: courageous, adaptive, empathetic, inquisitive, playful and respectful.
· You enjoy working in teams, collaborating, and learning from others. Your preferred ways of working are embodied by Forum’s values (being courageous, adaptive, empathetic, inquisitive, playful and respectful).
We look forward to meeting you!
please send your resume and a covering letter detailing how you meet the specifications of our ideal candidate. Application deadline is September 2nd at midnight; further applications may be reviewed on a rolling basis if needed.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org