The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 650 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Team reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is a component of the Office of Finance’s Immediate Office. The QA Team performs reviews of financial transactions and activities on an ongoing basis in order to assess quality and consistency in the disposition of transactions, the collection and analysis of financial information, and other financial service processes in both the first and second lines of defense. The QA Team provides information and insight to Finance leadership in order to mitigate risk and promote: consistency across Finance Directorates in adherence to House standards, policies and procedures; continuous improvement of processes and controls; and effective management of services under the purview of the Office of Finance.
The Finance Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for driving the process to identify, risk assess and perform metric-based monitoring of services within the Finance organization. The role requires ensuring compliance with the requirements of House standards, financial policies and procedures, and other relevant governing documents. This position has supervisory responsibilities.
• Ensuring that a robust, proactive quality assurance framework is established for the Finance organization to identify, assess and mitigate risk.
• Identifying appropriate metrics and enhancing existing metric reporting to be more predictive in nature and create an objective basis for management conclusions around the health of internal processes.
• Leading the QA Team in formalizing the QA program documentation, including the development of templates, workflow and procedures.
• Maintaining of an archival documentation system for QA validation activities.
• Designing the scope, representative testing periods and appropriate testing strategies for varying frequencies and types of controls.
• Leading and participating in QA reviews, executing testing, analyzing results, communicating findings to management, and obtaining corresponding action plans.
• Ensuring compliance with the requirements of applicable policies, procedures, and governing documents.
• Driving consistent view of risks, gaps and necessary mitigation actions resulting from quality assurance activities by partnering with key Finance staff.
• Engaging with Finance leadership and other stakeholders to effectively and proactively influence policies and standards impacting Finance. Developing internal guidance based on enterprise policies and standards to ensure consistent and appropriate application across the Finance organization.
• Communicating and engaging with Finance Directorates to develop buy-in with QA program requirements and goals.
• Attracting, developing and retaining high performing, highly motivated QA professionals.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of relevant governance, risk, control, and management experience, specifically in areas of accounting and finance in a large, fast-paced, results-oriented organization with a demonstrated history of success.
• Experience in performing risk assessments, evaluating, documenting and testing internal control environment, developing and producing meaningful metric reporting.
• Ability to identify root causes for recurring issues identified during the QA process.
• Effective partnering skills enabling navigation of the complexities associated with aligning stakeholders, building consensus and resolving conflicts; proven ability to influence peers/stakeholders and representatives across multiple groups.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing. Capability to influence the opinions and actions of key stakeholders and gain their trust. Experience in effectively interacting with senior management.
• Highly developed project-management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Keen attention to detail and thoroughness when performing work.
• Strong decision-making qualities; proven ability to lead others, manage and develop team members.
• Strong PC literacy in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other financial management systems.
• CPA, CGFM, MBA preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org