Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience with at least 5-7 years of experience with export and/or import regulatory compliance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for administering the export and import compliance programs to ensure company is following all regulatory requirements to include but not limited to ITAR, EAR, OFAC, ATF and Customs
- Collaborate with multiple departments to ensure effective compliance controls have been implemented into procedures and work instructions.
- Provide trade compliance training when necessary
- Provide compliance guidance and support for all aspects of Imports including, but not limited to, HTS classification, country of origin determination, marking, labeling and transportation requirements in accordance to Code of Federal Regulations and all other applicable rules and regulations.
- Interface with Customs and other government agencies to ensure all imported product and customs brokerage processes comply with all applicable rules and regulations
- Perform audits and assess internal procedures to maintaincompliance with all applicable U.S. export and import laws and regulations
- Reconcile entry discrepancies, submit post-entry adjustments, and protests as required
- Keep updated on all U.S. Customs and other government agency compliance changes in regulations
- Provide compliance guidance and support for all aspects of exports including, but not limited to, export classification, license determinations, use of license exemptions/exceptions, denied party screening, international shipments
- Perform the order of review in export classification determinations on research programs
- Assist in the preparation and submission of export licenses, deemed export licenses, CCATS, CJs;
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS: Excellent skills in interpreting U.S. export and import regulations. Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Ability to collaborate with internal departments. Excellent verbal and writtn skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Willingness to work in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE DESIRED: Prior trade compliance experience in aerospace or related industry, preferably with a focus on import. Ideal candidate would have experience in both import and export matters. Professional Certifications are a plus.
KNOWLEDGE DESIRED: Experience with DECCS, ACE, SNAP-R, DTRADE and VISUAL COMPLIANCE is required. DFAR and FAR knowledge is preferred. HTS classification and COO determinations. Knowledge in Free Trade Agreements is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org