Exciting opportunity to support senior leaders in a high-visibility role in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Seeking a top-performing candidate with a military or civilian background in acquisition management to join our growing team in OSD. This position supports the Office of the Director for International Cooperation, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment, in the in the development, negotiation, review, and coordination of international agreements in support of DoD and A&S cooperative research, development, testing, and evaluation priorities.
- Maintain relationships with DoD legal counsel and technology security professionals to ensure legal, policy, and disclosure requirements are fulfilled and that DoD interests are being met.
- Support administration of the International Agreement Tracking System (IATS), an online portal that serves as a central database for the submission and review of international agreements for acquisition, technology, and logistics.
- Supports new and evolving demand for Technology Security and Foreign Disclosure reviews for classified information to inform IC implementation of initiatives to counter strategic competitor’s licit and illicit approaches to gain access to cutting edge technology.
- Helps to resolve technology security and foreign disclosure issues for U.S.-partner defense industrial information sharing and co-development/co-production programs.
- Support outreach to service labs and DoD agencies on issues related to protecting international cooperative research, development, test, and evaluation agreements.
- Supports development of critical technology science and technology (S&T) cooperation protection.
- Maintains effective working relationships with counterparts in the defense establishment, interagency environment, defense industry interlocutors, and with international partners.
- Interprets specialized documentation and descriptions pertaining to the protection of defense technology and equipment to assist senior DoD officials in all aspects of international engagement, defense exportability, TSFD and export-control decision making.
- An BA/BS, and the following required experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with DoD international program or acquisition program support
- Staff experience working for senior leaders within the DoD or other U.S. Government departments
- Secret Security Clearance
- Command of Microsoft Office Suite to produce executive level briefing materials, presentations and point papers.
- Additional desired qualifications:
- MA/MS in defense policy, international relations, or related field.
- Understanding of OSD and Military Department roles and processes for system acquisition, technology protection, and development of related international agreements.
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills to review and implement policies and guidance
- Experience employing electronic business tools to facilitate staffing and assist senior leader decision making
- Experience conducting critical qualitative and quantitative data analysis
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org