We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Production Assistant for CNN’s NY Editorial Production team works closely with unit producers to execute projects from inception to completion. Duties include heavy research and telephone reporting, pre-interviews, and coordinating logistics for field production. The Production Assistant works closely with producers and associate producers to find the best video and elements within CNN systems and third-party sources.
- The PA is responsible for all show transcriptions, as well as organizing and maintaining assets via the Grid, SharePoint, etc.
- This role may also include populating scripts with appropriate asset suggestions and assisting Editors throughout the project
- They must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk, and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly
- The Production Assistant is also responsible for pitching ideas and stories
- Responsible for extensive archival work on documentary projects: finding old and rare footage; doing deep research on our subjects; acting as an edit assistant as projects are put together, and extensive fact checking
- This role requires a creative, curious and organized worker with great ideas and editorial focus
- One plus years of experience in TV/news/digital production
- Long form documentary experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with databases such as MediaSource, MIRA, and the CNN Library is very helpful
- Proficiency with archive sources, such as Getty Images and Associated Press is very helpful
- Must demonstrate strong research skills
- Must demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, and interpersonal skills
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations, including breaking news
- Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org