Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, organized and knowledgeable professional who is experienced in contract management, supervision, curriculum development, youth development, as well as in working in New York City public middle schools. Individuals should also have experience with or strong interest in global education, social justice and human rights.
Position begins August 2019.
● With support from the Director of Middle School programs, monitor contracts, data maintenance and reporting including:
● Oversee SACC licenses for multiple middle school program sites
● Ensure that sites maintain the necessary documentation to be in compliance with DOH and DYCD standards, including assisting sites with systems development to maintain and meet contractual and compliance obligations
● Assist in monitoring contracts, data maintenance and reporting
● Understand and report on the impact and quality of programming
● Assist site staff with development of schedules, utilizing monitoring tools, collection and data management for contracts
● Understand and report on the impact and quality of programming.
● Assist site staff in troubleshooting contract management issues
● Liaise with funders.
● Oversee SONYC middle school program(s) including:
● Supervising site staff in maintaining high quality global education and youth development programs
● Conducting formal and informal performance evaluations, including conducting program quality observations and providing immediate feedback
● Supporting on-site staff with curriculum development and program implementation.
● Ensuring on-site program staff are effectively implementing programs that are aligned with and meet school goal, contractual expectations, and GK Outcomes.
● Reviewing and approving timesheets
● Support site supervisors and other staff on extended day and some overnight trips with students
● Help to build and maintain collaborative relationships with school
Program Development and Support
● Work with Director of Middle School Programs and Director of Curriculum and Outcomes Evaluation to adapt and develop curricula.
● Assist with planning for and leading middle school program managers team meetings
● Work with Director of Middle School Programs to ensure that site staff are receiving ongoing professional development.
● Assist in the hiring and training for middle school and other GK staff
● Master’s degree in related field (e.g. Education, International Relations) with at least 18 credits (undergraduate or graduate) in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, and/or Recreation OR a current SACC credential in lieu of the 18 credits.
● Five (5) years of relevant full time professional experience with at least two years of direct experience working with children under 13 years of age and at least one year in a supervisory capacity in a child care program or related field of work.
● Direct experience working with and designing curriculum for middle school populations.
● Experience managing multiple contracts with demanding performance measures and outcomes.
● Strong understanding of wide array of NYC social service resources for youth and families, as well as city (DYCD), state and federally funded contracted programs
● Experience supervising personnel and managing teams
● Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with youth.
● Strong interest in global issues, political science, history, and social activism.
● Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
● Initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
● Strong communication, writing, organizational, and technology skills.
● International experience and foreign language background a plus.
Please send a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and three references. Please indicate “Associate Director of Middle School Programs” in the subject line of the email.
We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org