You are responsible for developing and implementing the communications and media plan of Counter Balance to optimize the visibility of our work and the impact of our organisation. The main duties of the Media and Communication Officer are listed below:
- Designing, implementing and monitoring the media and communication strategy of Counter Balance;
- Drafting, editing and coordinating the sending of press releases, opinion pieces, newsletters and blogposts;
- Assisting in the preparation and finalisation as well as reviewing our reports and larger publications;
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with journalists and media at European and national level;
- Managing our social media communication (i.e., twitter, youtube, facebook);
- Assisting in internal communication towards the Counter Balance member groups;
- Being responsible of communication towards external stakeholders, including other NGOs;
- Managing the website of Counter Balance;
- Leading on the production of the annual reports on Counter Balance activities;
- Ensuring that the organisation’s experience and expertise are well communicated and consistently presented;
- Monitoring media coverage of Counter Balance. – Additional responsibilities may be agreed upon dependent on your specific skills and interests.
The Director of Counter Balance will be the direct supervisor of the Media and Communication Coordinator. Both of them constitute the bulk of the secretariat of Counter Balance based in Brussels.
The Board of Counter Balance is responsible for the oversight of the work and performance of the Counter Balance secretariat. Therefore, members of the secretariat report regularly on their activities to the Board.
- Excellent written and oral English (native speaker is an advantage), knowledge of other languages is an additional asset;
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills;
- Highly developed writing skills;
- At least 3 years of work experience in the communication field, preferably with an NGO;
- Experience in event organizing, producing of outreach materials (leaflets, publications, videos, social messaging);
- Experience in relationships with national, European and international media;
- Proven track record of activism and working with NGOs, campaigning activities with NGOs in national or international level is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the EU political architecture. Knowledge of the EIB and/or EBRD is an advantage;
- Knowledge of one or more of the following topics is an advantage: International Financial Institutions, energy and climate, human rights, transparency, fraud & corruption, development agenda;
- Experience in research (desktop research, field trips and interviews);
- Must be available to travel and to participate in European and international meetings;
- Ability to work on own initiative to build on and develop the job, combined with the ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Creativity and openness for new ideas;
- Excellent attention to detail, good time management and proven ability to deliver under pressure;
- Proven experience of using MS office application (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and desktop publishing software, knowledge and skill in graphic design a plus. – Experience in website management is an advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org